Need info: Jims Automotive and 2000 Ford Explorers with 5.0L

Im looking for a 4 wheel drive budget winter truck. I came across this 2000 Ford Explorer on CL for 3k(http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/2733654512.html). I went and check it out today. Besides a dead batt, it fired right up and drove great. Tranny was smooth and no real issues.Truck was rather clean with 114K on it. The tailgate is rusty and there are a few quarter size rust spots. I cant be too picky for 3k. Looks like I can snag it cheaper with some work. They offer a 30 day/1000 mile warranty. for 1 year they will include free labor on any needed work. I just pay for parts. I dont know the catch. Like if I have to buy parts through them or I can get my own parts from Rock Auto.

1: Has anyone dealt with Jim’s Automotive sales and service on transit in Depew?

2: Anything else I need to look out for on 2000 Ford explorers.

Sounds like a sweet “warranty”. I’ve got nothing else to add other than that, sorry.

no prob man lol

Awesome, awesome winter truck. I’ve had my 1998 v6 for 3 winters now, 50K in that time. I’m up to 165K and I just replaced my trans. The hatch will rot out at the bottom. The 5.0L is a great motor, simliar to the foxbody 5.0 except an explorer has better heads and intake. I have been unable to get mine stuck in 3 winters. Watch out for shocks and swaybar links, they like to wear quick. Oh they like to burn out rear wiper motors too, mines been dead since I got it, never bothered me. But I’d get that truck down to the $2xxx price and pull the trigger.

Good trucks,make sure its not rotted underneath.That dealer is fairly new,he has only been around for like 6 months.$3K is a little steep IMO,being that its December you are paying an extra 1K for that truck.

cool cool. Thanks Guys. Jon, I been looking for a little while and this price seems solid. All others in decent shape are 1500 or more over this one. I know I could have probably snagged it cheaper if it was summer. I got him down to 28 already. Ill see if I can show him 25 fresh 100 dollar bills and see if he goes for it