New Here!

Hey whats up guys? I’m new here and love the site. Just lookin for know-how for my project car. Its a 66 Ford Fairlane. I want to build a nice stroker for it. I have been fixing and building dirtbike and atv engines forever. I think I am going to have someone put a long block combo together for me. Just dont know what combo I want! I heard about the site from muscle50. My buddy works with him and I got to ride in his car last year. HOLY SHIT!!

hia

hello

my dad used to race a 427 fairlane back in the day :pimp:

welcome!

heyyy

You should assemble the long block yourself. It’s not really hard if you have the tools and some basic experience (both of which it sounds like you have). Pick up a book specifically about rebuilding your engine (SA Design has a lot of them). It’ll save you some cash and be a lot of education, plus (IMHO) it’s one of the best parts of building a car. As far as picking parts, do your research carefully. Pick a combo with a powerband specifically for the type of use you’re going to get the most out of. Twin dominators on a dual tunnel ram with a 4000 stall converter and 4.35 gears is not going to make a well behaved street car. Best way to pick a combo is call the manufacturer of the part you want (i.e. edelbrock, crane, etc…) and give them your specs and desired output. Most places will be able to get you exactly what you’re looking for.

Hi Jimmy. Don’t worry we’ll take care of all your speed needs.

just listen to jessie… you wont go wrong

welcome :tup:

welcome

nice my dad has a 66 galaxie

Hey whats up Jesse! Tell Kevins big ass I said hello. Oh and ask him if he’s gonna get that 350 block the hell out of my garage. I might find parts and put it into something!! Yeah I would like to assemble the engine myself but it seems too tedious. I might just be overthinking it though. Hey turbo ls1 you got any pics of your dad racing? I love nostalgia drag racing! 64 thunderbolts kill!

66 galaxies are sweet. They just remind me of nascar!

welcome :wave:

LOL!!! :lol:

welcome to the site :wave:

On behalf of NYSpeed’s vintage crew, hai. :wave:

Now let’s see some bigger pics aside from the one in your profile. :tup:

Welcome :wave:

What’s up Jim? WTF? I told you about this site a long time ago. nice of you to finally sign up.

welcome

:wave:

welcome to the forum.