New Toy in Town

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/CIMG1561.JPG
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/CIMG1562.JPG
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/CIMG1563.JPG

Been working with them over here and it’s pretty bad ass, some sweet capabilities. But I snagged these off the roof one morning.

i know its all remote… but i guess its prob illegal to snap photos of this…

If it was illegal I wouldn’t be posting it on pittspeed :slight_smile:

why would it be illegal? theres pics on that link

it’s like one giant RC plane…pretty awesome

Do you get to fly it Ray? I was reading about those, pretty highly capable machine!

nice…

That’s awesome!

shit like that is sick as hell when you comin back

Fly it no, but I’ve done intel support for them and got to play with the sensor ball which was pretty cool.

I come home in January

Those things are useful man, they pulled overwatch for us and did our route recon for the longest time, theyre too cool… never got to fly one, but we had a bunch of guys go to the class and do the ravens, and i got to fly one one time, they were pretty neat too…

oh sht thats anaconda isnt it? i was just at paliwoda in april, just finished the tour there… were 1bct… we would come down dover and hit up lsaa for chow when we got sick of ours … haha thats too cool man

They are sweet for armed over watch/recce, they should just start pumping these things out and replace the fighters squadrons over here. Lot less support personnel who have to be in country, and the public would like the fact that troop numbers are down. They have an awesome capability and most of the time can hang around longer then fighters can. My job over here is actually making imagery for the fighters that fly armed overwatch/recce for you guys.

Yea, I am at Anaconda, but it’s not going to be Anaconda much longer the air force is taking over the whole base and the army is out so now it’s Joint Base Balad. The sad part is I know exactly what you are talking about coming down Dover from Paliwoda.

yeah man, thats pretty cool… theyre bootin all of us outta there and doing what with us, sending us home? i hope so man, 2 deployments was enough… where are u @ on anaconda, east or west? that west PX was my lifeline for the longest time, by the airfield… but it was weird headin up there, i didnt come to iraq to get speeding tickets in a goddamn mrap… but there i was getting pulled over… pshh 15000 miles away and youre stitting in traffic… bulllshit… haha how much longer u got man, you said something about january?

neat, but it looks very delicate.

Take us out of Iraq and send us to Afghanistan :slight_smile: I work on the east side. West PX is still the best on base though. It’s not too bad over here, especially for us Air Force folks, I’m on a “long” deployment for us at 6 months, there are only a few jobs that have tours that long, intel (which I am), security forces, and TACPs. We just have the annoyance of mortars but our CRAMs keep getting better up here :slight_smile: We’ve done a good job at cleaning up the area around here. I’ve got about 3 1/2 months left, give or take a couple weeks, first couple weeks of January I should be home.

Definetly delicate, we are spending all this money on developing UAVs but they are sweet in the kind of war we are fighting now but in a traditional war with a more capable enemy they would be pretty vulnerable.