New TV, (LG 55GA6400), question regarding streaming shows. home theater, etc

I just got this tv and have been playing with it on and off for a week, I’m curious what apps are worth checking into or what other supporting hardware (slingbox, media server, etc) would be worth hooking up to it.

I remember some people on here have some pretty sweet setups… also, people with movie libraries, how many movies do you have saved on your servers. I used to have a ton, but the drive crashed and i’m unmotivated to try and fill it up again.

Somebody here once offered to fill my 3 tb drive with movies and shows, but thats going to be difficult from 1300 miles away lol.

CLIFFS, home theatre guys, what stuff do you have hooked up or downloaded on your tv that make it more enjoyable.

I just use 2 WD Lives hooked to my 2 HD TV’s with 2TB hooked up to each of them right now. It is nice because you can stream from either hard drive wirelessly. They show as a NAS in your network so it is super easy to upload to them and manage your files

Can you stream to a friends house? Or a tablet? With the wd and are they hd

If your looking for a pretty simple setup that will give you access to internet streaming and local streaming get a Roku. You can run Plex Media Server on your computer and the Roku has a nice Plex client.

yes it is 1080p and if you wanna watch shit remotely then get a slingbox