New York State wide ban on texting while driving

:rofl :rofl :rofl

This.

It’s about it being illegal now, so you can continue texting and enjoy your $150-$200 dollar ticket.

The point > You

i think its good, i dont even try to text while driving id end up in someone elses bumper, sadly not everyone can make that judgement call not to do it while driving.

I think the law is bullshit, we don’t need more rules/ reasons to get hassled by cops ect.

Get an in car computer, integrate it with your phone, and then use the HUD to text… that wya theres no phone involved :number1

Srsly, thatd be awesome… dident you metnion to me before you wanted to do a in car comp?

Yes still want to but other things have came up.

Again, such a simple theory with so many holes in it. Here is another slight distraction, changing the station on the radio. Sure it only takes a few seconds to do, but it only takes a few seconds for an accident to happen, right? I agree with the “your a hazzard to your self and those around you”. You want to make an impact on SAFTEY on the roads, start ticketing people for old school basic fucking common sense. Dont be a dick and cut people off (failure to yield the right of way 2 pts moving violation), dont hammer your shit box under a yellow/red light just to come to a dead stop at the next light 100 feet ahead (charging a traffic device 2 pts moving violation), rolling a stop sign (failure to obey a traffic device 2 pts moving violation)… I could go on and on. I guaranfuckingtee you will spot way more of this going on that someone talking/texting on their cell phone. Those are what kill people too.

Make the kiddy driving test harder too. My younger family members cant drive for shit and have already had bone headed accidents… yet they pass with flying colors.

Retest drivers… Heres the idea, every 5 years you are retested. if you fail you MUST pay $XX to retake your license test. Your license gets put on a suspension list and if you dont retake/get better at driving in say 30 day you loose it! BINGO. They make money from the retests and all the un licenses drivers that were too crappy to pass. AND guess what the roads will be safer!:retardclap

Wernt these the retards to got hit HEAD ON by a truck becasue they went the WRONG way down the ramp??? I remember that happened a few months ago… I am sorry but if you drive the fucking wrong way down an interstate ramp you shouldnt be behind a wheel, let alone a cell phone. ROOT CAUSE PEOPLE, FIND THEM.

No this was sometime last year…

i dont remember exactly what happend

But I agree, with most of your post above…

JUST THE OTHER DAY! On curry/altmont ave in rotterdam, I was on my wya home… its a 2 lane road in front of dunkin donuts that turns into a 1 land after the light… Some little dyke looking cunt in a honda civic passed us last second at least going 60mph to get ahed of us when it turned into a 1 lane only to be stopped by a truck that was ahead of us, and then turning down the road a few blocks down…

WERE YOU THAT MUCH IN A HURRY TO CUT MY CAR OFF WITH MY 9 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER ONLY TO GET THEIR MAYBE a second faster than you would have if you just stayed behind me?

Nope. Unlike half the idiot drivers in this country, I drive the same as I do when I’m not texting as I do when I am. Meaning, I go the speed limit, I stay in my lane, etc.

They won’t be able to pull me over and give me the ticket since I won’t be breaking any other laws. My last ticket was for no front plate.

I think YOU are missing the point bro. ANYTHING can be a distraction, not just texting. This is just a way to make money.

If you’re going to ban texting, you might as well ban listening to the radio as well (as KKK said). It’s all a distraction.

And again…it’s driver education and driver experience…NOT texting, radio, eating, etc.

Dont enter Schenec. county. They have peeps setup looking for people even holding the phone out infront of them while driving.

I’m going to bring a blender with me and make (non-alcoholic) mixed drinks while driving. Fuck yeah.

I have room for 4 more. Rolling party ftw

This is horse shit what if I’m using my phone as a music player which I constantly do??

It’s going to be hard to prove and will be the cop’s word against yours.

It will end up with people like Ilya arguing and the monotone cop writing the ticket anyway and walking away, whether you are texting or not.

I see too many drivers with enough problems just trying to drive “normally”.

This bill is good. You do not NEED to text while you are driving. If it is important make the call on a hands free device. Is it really that hard?

Ohh ok thanks for the clarification. And yeah exactly what i am talking about. Which is why more people should get out of their cars and ask people just what the fuck they were thinking, and use scare tactics to get into peoples heads. I know if I did something stupid and someone got in my face and pointed it out to me hardcore… the next time I try the same shit I will think twice.

Hey poopcicle… did you notice my “road head” example? hehe.

Fuck yeah kid I am down. I have a nice inverter we can make pop corn and shit too!

Someone should make a list of all the things you can do that would be a distraction while driving, legal or not. Everyone on the list picks one, and we caravan across the state. If we don’t crash or have an incident it proves it is the driver not the activity. simple enough isn’t it? this guy would be proud:

http://jakenp.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/ghandi9.jpg

damn i bet it would be awesome to get road head from ghandi

hahahahahaha. You know how alot of indian guys bobble their heads side to side when they talk to ya… I love it when my girl does that, maybe your on to somethin.

I’m glad there is a ban on this finally! I’m tired of seeing people barely pay attention because their social life is to important to wait.