New York State wide ban on texting while driving

IMO we really don’t need these additional laws, the basic traffic rules are enough. If you die while talking on your cell phone or texting, it’s gods way of telling you that you suck.

P.S. - you should be allowed to go as fast as you want in the left lane on the interstate, as long as you are passing. It should be mandatory to stay to the right, like it is in Germany.

Okay, but what about if someone is texting or on their cellphone and hit your car? I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be to happy about how carelessly they were driving.

honestly, i don’t give a shit cause then i get a new car. i invite them to hit it actually.

edit: oh and p.s. = if you’re paying attention there is a 90% chance YOU can do something to prevent them from hitting you.

True, but you never know what they are going to do, if they aren’t paying attention and slam full force into the back of your car, I’m pretty sure you’re not going to be very happy, you could get seriously injured and the new car won’t matter.

do you really believe a law is going to stop this from happening anyway??

Well if they actually enforce it and actually give out tickets, i’m hoping it will. Although I haven’t really seen much action with the cell phone ban. If they actually enforce it, it could be useful.

Exactly… I have little to no remorse for people to kill or fuck themselves up doing stupid shit. Honestly in the big picture it will make the world better if these people who cant do simple activies off themselves. As bad as i sound right now, you know it is true. It is human evolution, if your mother and father suck ass at driving, and teach/breed you chances are good that you too will suck ass at driving!

And YES, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE. I ENFORCE THAT EVERYDAY I GET THE CHANCE TO. again, simple fucking old school driving rules.

If they hit me I would get out point out that they aparently are too stupid to do a simple task while driving and move on. Again, get in their head, so the next time they bust the phone out while driving they will think twice. Everyone can admit a motor vehicle law is a piss poor attempt at a scare tactic. allways have been, allways will be. Take speeding for example, becasue someone can afford a Bugatti and both the car and the driver are capable of driving 200mph, doesnt mean a law will not allow this from happening. I know its a stupid example. How about window tint, or no front plate, or even a air freshener on your rear view (obstruction of view $70+ fine:tongue). Laws like these and texting or talking on a phone while driving are add-on tickets. If you wreck your car, or something they need to find a reason why this happened and ding you for it. Ohh I see you hit a parked car driving down the road, you must not have seen it through your PineTree airfreshener here is your obstruction of view ticket… pay up sucker. Simple as that.

As much as these “stupid laws” are being passed, if they stuck to only being able to hand them out when a major violation was assessed we wouldnt have as many pissed off KKKUSTOMS running around.

case and point, 2 of those 6 tickets I mentioned above are from my bike crash 2 months ago, failure to stay right & inprudent speed. The officer on scene could see that there was no way around the crap in the road and I had no choice but to cross the double yellow to try not to crash. Not to mention the lady driving behind me saw the whole thing and can attest to my proper speed and the actions I took to try to avoid the shit in the road. The cop didnt want to give me tickets, but was chewed out by the superior for not giving me something… so she had to write them up and give them to me a week later! So not only was I in the hospital for 5 days they add insult to injury and throw $400+ woth of fines and 4 points my way! By the way they will be dismissed in 2 days actually. so yeah I am a little bent at the decission making with our government and their agencies.

i heard somewhere that if it comes down to it they will get ahold of your phone records to see if you were texting at the time the cop spotted/pulled you over.

QFT

So can I email??

I dunno, I am watching Falivs get banned right now… so I cant hunt down the actuall law verbage to see. Get on that K.

Same here :lol

lol
This has been the most productive day at work ever for me

i agree with the first part 100%. i didn’t read the second part.

LOL yeah i get off on a tangent sometimes. hahah

Wayne I just quoted you, I didnt read what you wrote.

:rofl

Apparently you can email, make your calendar, browse Shift, play games, play with settings, or go on the website to type up a letter to reply to the article as you’re driving, but texting woah, that’s over the line.

Why does everyone sound like this will change anything in your life the slightest bit?

Aren’t there laws already on the books for when you cause an accident?

You dont get it?! OMG texting IS my lyfe right now. I have 4 extra phone batteries to feed my addiction. :ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh

:rofl