Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:706,topic:22123"”]

All this work Newman and you still plan to sell once it’s done? If you do still plan to then you have to have a buyer lined up already right? If not, I’ll make the first bid by offering up my first born…

[/quote]

As it looks now, I’d probably sell the lotus and keep this, but chances are I will just keep all 3. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still waiting on some exhaust parts, so in the meantime:

Yesterday, I removed 58 LBs of sound deadening from the trunk, as well as all the carpet. I put the 8 Gallon fuel cell into the spare tire well. The Summit 8 Gallon cell has no sending unit, so I can see myself running out of fuel once or twice. I may make a holder for an extra fuel can of Just In Case fuel.

I scored some strips of 16GA 304 that i will make hold down straps with. Today I also plan on mounting the WG. I am not doing a dump, I’ve decided i hate WG dumps, so i will try to tie it into the exhaust a ways downstream… probably at the second straight section.

If i still have time remaining, I am going to look into mounting the IC, while also performing a bumper tuck. (To do this you remove the pressure from the gas springs behind the bumper and press them in)

This is a pic of an aluminum bumpered car that’s been tucked and painted, I think the only change needed is painting the door moulding black.

THIS IS THE COLOR I WANT + Fat gold wheels = sex: