Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

It’s cheap and easy. I think the red car looks real BA.

Nice progress. do you have to seal up the bottom side of the car, where it meets the fuel cell? I’d imagine some caulking would be good enough, but i’m not sure if that is hack or not.

–mark

I know your not to this point yet but do you plan on recircing the bov?

Recircing the bov when you get there?

Looks like it’s progressing nicely, Christian. :tup:

The manifold looks fantastic.

why did you mount the fuel cell pick ups to the rear of the car?

Looking good.

Nice progress looks closer and closer to being finished.

The color you chose was def interesting, normally I would hate it but I think on that car it will look pretty sweet, especially with the rims.

I didn’t like the color on the wrx posted though.

No, I have an AEM EMS that is a speed density setup. There is no reason to recirc.

Because the fuel sloshes to the rear on launches. Pickups are almost always to the rear.

yes, but that means you did not get a cell with a foam cell inside to prevent that. And if you where worried about the fuel slushing then mount it on an angle. I have never seen them mounted to the rear. but i guess just more fuel line, IMO.

no you really dont need the foam in this instance. many many fuel sumps are in the rear like this for spirited street cars

Why the fuck would I route it any direction other than aft? :bloated: I can’t believe you would question it… That’s the dumbest thing ever.

When is the engine under the highest fuel demand?
Under forward acceleration.

Where is the fuel going to be in this situation?
To the rear of the tank.

end of story.

I have the foam in my tank, btw.

remind me to give you a wegie when i see you. your comment is true with less then a .5 of a gallon, or you could have got a fuel cell with the pick ups in the tank with a “windege” (sp) built in the tank. but looks great. why did you not use the stock tank?

I have to agree, I have worked on a cpl street/strip cars as well as dedicated strip cars and we always had the cell’s mounted that way.:gotme:

I mount my fuel cells upside down:gotme:

because it was terribly heavy.

I just don’t see why you would want to mount it forward. It makes no sense at all. Even angled downward would be inferior, because now the pickups aren’t totally to the rear of the vehicle. It doesn’t take much force to move a liquid to the rear.

progress looks good, u got a lot done after we ate. whats next on the list? building the tranny/downoverpipe cover?

booo

not that the aesthetics are really a focus though lol

you’re not the douche that bought that car then tried to sue him are you?

newman…thanx for asking to use my flexs…i will be breaking the welds on them today and you can wait to yours come in!

<3

Well, if you didn’t have a J bend to use them with…

gary <3s newman…