Nintendo DS

alright, so my girl finally got her DS lite she’s been saving up for at dave n busters…

anyone hack these things? seen you can get a “R4” firmware card or something like that and just simply download games and movies etc to put on it.
just wondering what all you can do with it. seems like fisherprice compared to the PSP and the hacking you can do with it.

Yep.

I have a CycloDS which is the best of the best as far as flash carts go, bought a 8GB MicroSDHC card for $16 from newegg.

There are a lot of homebrew apps, I have not played with too many other then the NES emulator, just use it to play games.

Might be fisher price compared to PSP hacking, but atleast there are entertaining games :smiley:

what all can you do with these flash carts? download games and keep them on the microSDHC card? get emulators? is it really simple?

Yep… I have 50+ DS games on my MicroSDHC card and still have 4GB or so free…

It is simple enough, just drag DS ROMS or homebrew over to the SD card and pop it in

I would suggest a CycloDS Evolution, it is not the cheapest, but really is the best card on the market, it has an American team, that can speak proper english so there is not Engrish all over the menus and help files, and it has excellent build quality and features.

Heres a little video review from when the CycloDS first came out,
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6E-YlM_8wM”]YouTube - FCR’s CycloDS Evolution Review Slot-1[/ame]

They release firmware updates pretty often too.

I bought from realhotstuff.com, they are in NJ and ship fast… had it in 2 days… their website seems to have an issue right now tho

wow, kinda makes me wanna go out and get a DS now…

That’s pretty nice. I wish I had the attention span to play video games. Hell I took 3 breaks from typing this short post

I dont play alot of video games, I use the PS3 mainly for movies, have over 50 movies on it and 6 HD movies

PSP is mainly used for internet and email access when I am on vacation or out of town. Or to turn on the PS3 at home and stream a movie to a TV when im on vacation or out of town.

I am looking forward to resident evil 5 tho

where did you guys get the cyclods at? I looked at consolesource.com and a few others and they are sold out.

My kids have lost numerous games, I want a cyclods so they don’t have to take the games out all the time.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolution-p-328.html

Is where I bought mine from… They ship from NJ, came in 2 days…

There are some cheaper alternatives, like the AceKard 2, but the Cyclo still is the best of the best, so I bought it. :smiley:

I bought a 8GB Class 6 SDHC card from newegg for like $16