NY SONYMA Mortgage Loans..

http://www.nyhomes.org/home/index.asp

Might be of interest to some folks on here.

Its a NY state program, offering a 5.5% fixed rate on a 30 year mortgage for first time buyers in NYS, earning under 41k per year…

I’m getting qualified for a loan, and taking a look at a few duplex’s around here.

Good investment property for the future, and a place to live in for right now.

If anybody gets prequalified for a loan, and is looking for a realtor, drop me a PM, my brother is a Realtor, and will be glad to talk to you.

and you get a 5k grant towards your closing costs.
:tup:

i used a sonyma loan when i bought my house

Good program if you can take advantage and plan on living in the house for 10 years.

PS: these are fun people to deal with by the way. Get ready for the 3rd degree on your bank acct. and ghey shit like that.

Nice. Are there any good first time homebuyer programs out there if you make more than that?

ooo I should have the woman buy a house before she gets a job

but you have to m a k e under 41k…

Exactly what I did man :tup: Put some money in here bank acct. a couple months before to make things look good, they will go back a few months in your banking.

On the down side, probably no where near what your looking to spend on a house to qualify for a single person-lower level income…

FHA if you’re looking to do a real low down payment. They have income limits and home cost limits as well, but they’re higher than SONYMA. Also shop around the private banks. I’m pretty sure Nikuk found a bank with a great low down payment option and none of the BS hoops to jump through that the government programs have.

The wife and I did an FHA loan when we bought our house then re-financed 3 years later to a traditional 30 year for a lower rate. As a bonus we used the appreciated value on the house to get out of paying PMI.

This is key, b/c if you sell the house before the 10 year mark you have to pay back the closing cost grants they give you.

yea, thats what i wanted to do, however due to poor credit scores and my credit scores being pretty good my rate ended up being lower under FHA :frowning:

You can also opt to NOT take the $$, and get a lower rate instead. Then there’s no penalty if you sell.

Anyone know the $$ limits on these two options you are talking about?

There are different limits to your income depending on the plan, I’m pretty sure the limit was $60K or somewhere around there.

x…

:tdown:

sounds good but how does someone without a job get approved for a mortgage

good info.

I think we have a winner. :lol:

One of my friends had his wife buy the house before they got married so they could get a deal.

X…

:wink:

I did this on my first house around 14 years ago, it was bitchin. 5% down-30 years at 4 3/4% niceee. I sold it about 6 years later and dont reacall any penalty at the time. Wish i could have found a rate like that on this house

I remember when I was searching it was easy enough to find using google. I know FHA is way above 60 because my house was more than twice that.