OMGWTFBBQ v. Honeymoon

So my fiance and I have put a depost down on a dream honeymoon to Fiji. Leaving June 10th. Yeah, less than 7 months away.

As of last night, the military has seized control of the country. :bloated:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/12/05/fiji.coup.reut/index.html

:wtf:

Trying to get travel insurance now, if not just plain cancelling.

Um… yeah…

I think I’d cancel and pick somewhere a little more stable. There are lots of tropical paradises in the world.

WOW thats uber shitty luck

As much as we had our heart set on Fiji and aren’t going to be on the capital island at all, I think we’re still going to see what we can do to minimize loss and gtfo. (We already put down a deposit.)

Nicaragua FTW!!!

:frowning: awww that sucks. it would be an awesome place to go too… hope everything works out.

Visit sunny Iraq!

or sunni iraq?

:rimshot:

It’d probably be safer. I’d rather be somewhere that’s in civil war with an American soldier on every corner than a Fijian soldier on every corner.

Maybe the government/military will befriend the US and the people can be represented in the government like our very own! COUGHPAKISTANCOUGH

hahaha so much better

Dude taht would suck,especially sinse you are probably pumped up about going there.

on a side note, the guy in charge now is named bananarama or something.]
D

This is why my wife and I went to Alaska. Sure it can be cold, but there’s no coup, no hurricanes, and no little kids.

Truth is, if you have people waiting on you day and night, and your only expected duty is to fuck your wife, you will have a pretty good time no matter where you are.

its shit like this why people out there offer honeymoon and wedding insurance…

this is why the world isn’t flat.

well lots of times if you stay in the tourist places they are “protected” but if you want to go off the normal beat path in another 3rd world country… you are out of your fucking mind…

its not that bad… i was in a place with a take over 3 months before going there. its more or less lots of protesting and shit… its nothing severe… but there is that chance of an all out riot… so … you see protesting or… gathering… go back to the hotel…

fun things to do though…

see prices for getting hitmen… probably around 150 bucks… and if your wife turns into someone else… there ya go…

The travel agent just got back to me and said it’s cool to purchase travel insurance even though we’ve already booked and put down a deposit, so I’ll be doing that this week.

We might still go, as we won’t even be passing through the capital island where the military coup is going on. But still, unstable government + airports = :eyebrow: I dunno, we’ll see. It’d probably be fine, but at the same time why risk it?