Panasonic 720P plasma's

Im up in the air still. I have been reading reviews, talking to ppl and looking at TVs for the past month or so. Its going to go into a dark room. I will be at closest, 12 ft and at most 18 feet away. Im looking to spend no more than 800. I know I should be looking at 55+ inches but its not in the budget.

50 inch Panasonic 720P Plasma $669

whats everyones take on the above TV? from my viewing distances, I dont think it will matter if I go 720P or 1080P. Dell had a 50 inch S2 series 1080P Plasma but its now sold out for $800. Im looking at Dell since they are offering 0% for account holders

I also found a 46 inch panasonic plasma for $530.

This will be a main viewing TV. No gaming, no internet or PC use. just watching TV shows, movies and football games. We currently have a 36 inch tube as our main tv in a smaller room. We also watch TV in our bedroom on a 37 inch 720p Vizion on SD. So I think no matter what we get, it will be a big difference(getting HD service). let me know your opinions.

i have that exact tv. its pimp and i love it!

i sit about 9-12 feet away ( love seat of couch ) and its great.

BUY IT

i bought mine for 800 2 years ago

Good to hear. Thanks Choda. I hear the Viera line rocks

I have 2 Viera’s and am very happy with them. Would like to upgrade to a G-Series 50-something inch in the furture.

Wait until Black Friday. You will be able to get 1080p plasmas for that price range. Cheap is nice but buying pre-obsolete stuff is a pain as it gets older. You have no plans to do any extra stuff now but that could easily change.

I ended up going Samsung plasma over Panasonic. It came down to the TC-P58VT25 or the PN58C7000 and the Panny’s losing black levels after just a couple months scared me over to the 7000 series from Samsung.

This…Might as well spring for a 1080p especially with that size TV.

I would wait until christmas time. word on the street is that prices are going to be dropping big time on tvs

I have a 54" G10 Viera that I’m in love with…looking at the 42" 720P Viera for my home office which was down to $449 last time I checked.
I would definitely wait a little closer to black friday or Xmas…saw the 46" for 499 and guess the 50" will be ~550-600.

alright. Dell is offering the sale until the 22th. I assume they will have some specials for blk friday. Ill sit tight a little while longer

Sears has the 46" Viera on sale yesterday and today for $499, same as the black friday price coming up. Picked one on up yesterday from the Blvd.
No waiting in the cold outside, walked in and paid…TV was in the back of the SS in under 5 minutes

I ordered my 50 inch from dell last week for 609. The 46 inch was my second choice but when I saw the price had dropped again on the 50 I had to order it. it will be here Friday. Grabbing some B&W 683s to go along with it!!!

I seen you post that you really like so I think i made a good decision