PFC Hatch @ Import Tuner Mayhem 09

Welcome to the forum!
We’re trying to get a lot more people who know what they’re talking about on here, so thank you lol.

Holy shit thats some risky timing! When tuning my car we didnt go past 16 deg!

They’re on E85, seems doable.

why would it be risky. you gotta understand this isn’t just some random number we throw at it and hope it likes it, that number is arrived at from being on the dyno and adding timing till the car tells us to stop. 16 might be all you can run on yours, im not sure. what motor/turbo/boost/injector/fuel/tuning software are you using? it really just depends on the setup. timing is the power maker, but it can be dangerous if you don’t read what the car is doing correctly. it will tell you how much timing is too much timing for the amount of boost. and more boost will not always give you more power, especially with a smaller turbo. that’s what we have found anyways. you may gain 10 hp from going from 20lbs to 25lbs on a small frame turbo but you might be able to gain much more going from 20 to 17 and adding a bunch of timing. depends on the setup and fuel though…read the plugs if you don’t have a dyno or just keep throwing timing at it on the dyno until it starts losing power, then back off to the last degree you gained power on…maybe one more to be safe.
might seem weird to most people but we have tons of E85 stations out here in CO so most of us use it instead of expensive race gas… cant beat a fuel that allows that kind of timing and power for only$1.90-$2.10 a gallon :slight_smile: there is just no reason for us to run fuels like VP and C16 when we can make more than enough power on a MUCH cheaper fuel. you really can make the same numbers with ethanol as C16… im pretty sure our cars like alcohol just as much as we do :wink:

Thanks! hey no problem, im sure we could learn from some people on here too. we dont know everything, that’s for sure… im constantly trying to keep track of what everyone else is doing to be faster and finding ways to apply it to our own cars. so i have no problem sharing what worked for us. but btw, why did this thread end up in the trash bin if you guys liked the conversation coming from it lol? i thought it got deleted at first lol

i missed where you said you were using e85 fuel.

As did I