PFC Hatch @ Import Tuner Mayhem 09

:rofl:rofl

Hey guys im one of the owners of the car in the video and the one who made the video. It’s a stock GSR motor with 168,000 miles on it. stock everything in the head and in the block and in the tranny and even stock axles. It had well over 160 passes down the track and countless street fun in it on that stock motor setup, but we just blew it up trying for a 9 on it. rod bolt stretched and let go finally. apparently we found the limit of an old ass honda motor. thanks for watching the video guys. hopefully that record will stand for a while.

What psi were you at with the best run and what did the car make for power?

how the hell did u find shift lol

why? this one sucked until HAVideos posted

15 lbs manifold pressure. what the Map sensor reads. i only specify because a lot of people get confused between what the gauge says and what the Hondata says. we only made just under 420hp on a dyno jet uncorrected at our altitude(made even less on a dyno dynamics uncorrected). it really doesnt take a ton of power to go that fast. the car weighed 2425lbs with driver on the day of our best times because we had to weigh over 2400 lbs for the class we were in. we had some steel and placed in the car to make it. without the weight it only weighed 2150 with our 200lb driver in it lol. we have no money,…even between the four people that own the car… so we managed to find ways to mimic the suspension characteristics of expensive suspension by using cheap ass and even junkyard parts. a balanced car will beat a car with too much power any day :slight_smile:

lol good question. all my videos show me where they are being linked to so when ever i see a forum i usually hop on the forum in case anyone has any questions or gets things wrong or doesnt understand the video. i honestly dont even know where this forum is based out of lol. where are all you guys from? we travel a lot now with the car so i like to meet as many people as i can through forums for if we ever end up in your area.

Edit** just realized 518 is Albany. im assuming thats where you are all from? or near there.

We’re located in Upstate New York.

Yup ^^

Swing up sometime!

and bring the hatch :slight_smile:

lol im sure we’d all love to, but thats a loong ass trip for us out here in Colorado. furthest we have gone so far has been just under 1k miles. maybe for a race next season if we can get a damn sponsor to help us pay for trips…like i said we are poor lol. or you guys could try out what 6,000ft does to your cars and visit Denver or colorado springs.
a good friend of mine just moved around there, used to work at Jackstransmissions here in Colorado Springs. Drives the 2g talon in a few of my videos against the liter bikes, Outlaw…the car is still here but he lives out there now going to school. i think he might be taking his car out there next year. you guys should have some fun with him.

15psi on a t3 turbo does not = 138 traps.

Yeh i posted that earlier, its VERY hard to believe. Also 420whp on 15psi is iffy. But then again if the car weighs 2100lbs ehhh I dont know it just seems not possible

if you have hondata i can send you the datalog…yes it does. we get this a lot. dont be mad. how about you be curious about how we did it. boost doesnt make as much power as timing does. with a 60-1 at its peak efficiency and over 25 deg of timing, we made the power we needed to run those times. which was only 416hp uncorrected on a dynojet…we have nohing to hide, i tuned the car, ill send you my tune and datalogs of the 50+ 10 sec passes. you wont see a single lb over 15psi :slight_smile: id be asking questions if i were you guys not hating…thats how everyone pregresses and goes faster. willful ignorance gets ya nowhere :confused:

You guys have anymore vids? The HD vid was pretty sick

keep in mind this is a stock honda GSR motor…10.5:1 compression. higher compression yeilds more power per psi…lower boost with higher timing is our prefered method of making power…try it some time. it made 387 on 15lbs on a conservative tune when we ran our first 10.9 at KCIR. we were trying to keep the 167k mile motor together at the time. then we figured it was time to go all out on the stock motor because our original goal was to just run a 10. so we got very aggressive with the tune thinking we would either run iots best time or blow up and we had a built motor waiting for it. we re dynoed and made 416 on the same boost and the motor just wouldn’t give up so we kept working on the setup around it to go faster. it went the fastest when we finally just kept it in 4th through the traps which caused it to have to spin to around 9100rpm on the stock head. we went from trapping 129-133 in 5th to trapping 138 in 4th. saved a lot of time instead of shifting to 5th. and as i said, the car did not weigh 2100lbs during the record runs. it weighed 2425 because the weight limit for the class was 2400lbs. read the posts guys. would you guys like to see the logs? seriously i dont mind for the other honda guys that might want to see them.

lol if we had a big name behind us like CFT or T1 or people like that you guys would not question it, but because we are just a couple of guys from Colorado the doubt is there. i assure you, you will see us more and more with this car, we know what we are doing and we always have video to back up our accomplishments. ASK how its done dont doubt that we did it. the video shows we did it and ill gladly show you datalogs to go with it :slight_smile: thanks for watching guys! :slight_smile:

yeah either on you tube you can search highaltitudevideos as all one word and all of those should be in HD option. and at the website www.highaltitudevideos.com the videos are embeded VIMEO videos so you can have them link you to VIMEO where they can be viewed in HD. hope you like the other videos :slight_smile: thanks for linking it here btw, i appreciate it.

NP dude, I can appreciate a fast car no matter what it is. Its impressive what those things are runnin!

youve got a good attitude :thumb

I think I talked to your buddy on another forum. He has a 92 that he brought here for school right? I tried to get him to swing up but never heard back from him

yeah he drove his 1g out there. hes out there for culinary school. very cool guy and very knowledgeable when it comes to DSM’s. lol yeah he hates being without his 2g. might be why he didnt come back out. sucks being around cars when you dont have yours with you ya know :confused: im sure he will head out there every now and then though