photograhy sub-forum?

in.

definitely in

in.

Paging Josh.

anyone?

I’d participate

I think maybe we should branch out from just using the random picture thread, to more specific threads. Walker, you should start your own thread for your pics, there is easily enough content, and it would be more concise for commenting.

If anyone has a specific set of photos they can start their own thread to prove the sub-section would work.

are you suggesting making my own thread in the current off topic?

i also have quite a few good reads that are photography related that would warrant their own thread

yeah, exactly what I am suggesting.

I guess I just feel that we should prove to them that there is enough interest to warrant it…Then they’ll have no choice

Sorry I’m late to this discussion, holy shit, lol.

This has been discussed countless times over the years. Hell I even pushed for one years ago. But it’s going to turn into the same thing as the old “off-road” forum which had way more existing demand than this.

It’s all about avoiding fragmentation & redundancy. OT already covers non-automotive pictures, and Autos covers automotive pics. And if the goal of a specific photo section is to get more people contributing, it just doesn’t work as has been proven over the years (why I’ve changed my position on it.) A photo section won’t create demand where there is no existing demand. Now that might change in the future but at the moment it just isn’t warranted.

What if I moved the Random Pic thread to NET-OT? It would get more exposure and contribution?

i think the problem is, there is too much in that thread, there are at least 2 new pages of pics and such a day just in that thread…

personally i dont post any of my stuff anymore, cause one i’m not gonna make a thread in off-topic for it, or add it to a thread with 100’s of pics in it already, i’ll just pass on it. i’m sure there are some other people with the same view on that

i can only say that if there were a photo forum, i’d be posting in it daily i’m sure

I don’t think we’re reading the same thread. I’ll see maybe 3-4 pics by Walker a day. The current page @ 50ppp has been the same one page for a week now. Maybe 3 POSTS per day but not pages.

3-4 pics by walker and a few comments is about a page at least, usually travis or someone else posts a pic or two in there also

but at any rate, my reasoning for not posting my stuff has been said

my point was more that if there were a section for it, i’m sure more people would make threads of their own and contribute to others

Seperate Section in OT for Photography?

If you create the clutter in OT, he will have no choice but to create the sub-section.

You need to prove to them that there is a real need, not just beg them and claim you will use it.

boardjnky’s almost right, lol.

While more photography threads being posted might increase the potential worthiness of a photo section, the exposure those individual threads get will be much less than having them in one thread like they are now. Use this thread for example; I’m on here almost all day yet I missed it. But I know if I get an email notification from the random pic thread I’m going to check out what’s new.

So what’s the goal? To get more people to see your pictures or simply prove the worthiness of a photo section? There is a reason why people don’t individually post each of their pictures in new threads already. It’s just more effective & efficient to have them all in one thread.

i’ll go a little deeper into this…

i used to post my photo threads in the off-topic section, then people starting complaining that i always posted photo threads in OT, well thats the end of that, so in short, I dont post photo threads in OT because i dont feel like hearing the trolls and babies crying about it all the time…put bluntly, but thats how it was/is

so expect 0 photo threads from me in the OT section lol

there is no goal really, not my site, you should be the one with a goal in mind. i just enjoy photography, and sharing my stuff, period, the end

I’m on a lot of message boards, and the only ones i post photo threads in are the ones with photo sections…just keeps a lot of the bullshit comments out of the photo thread that you will almost always get

Link to examples in your old threads? It’s not that I don’t believe you, but what other forum did they want you to post them in then? Where else did they expect you to post them?

Non-automotive pictures go in OT. This is a car forum, lol.

To me, it doesn’t matter what section it’s posted in. I am a “new posts” whore. I don’t use thread subscriptions or navigate any of the forums individually unless I am looking for something specific. Honestly, this whole place could be in one section and it wouldn’t change how I use it.

Same here. I wonder how many people can say this.