PHOTOGRAPHERS: NYSpeed Looking for NY / Automotive Pics For Tiltle Images!

Ok, I’m doing something different with the top of the page. The whole panorama thing wasn’t working.

Take a look at what’s up there now. I’ll be adding pictures of cars with NY related backgrounds in rotation. If you guys have any nice background shots, or car images that have the same look to them as the ones above, we’ll try to use them :tup:

We’re looking for more panoramic images to use on the top of this forum. IanK has provided a bunch, but I know there are a lot of you guys out there that can make them easy with photoshop.

… Well, it’s not exactly easy. Images need to be _____x200 pixels. The wider the better so that people with larger screen resolutions can see more of the image, yet have enough detail so that they don’t look like crap to those who browse on 800 to 1024 pixel wide screens.

They need to be automotive and NY related in some way, and your username will be on them too :tup:

I don’t think I have anything that would stitch together right but if I’m bored this weekend maybe I’ll go out and do some shooting.

same here unless i can find a couple to throw together from the spring gtg

I’ll grab something later on. How soon do you want these?

RIGHT NOW PAULO! GET ON IT!

No rush really, but if you have something cool that works we’ll use it. Check out what’s already up there for an idea of what we’re looking for.

I know I have a few already. some of the T-rex and whatnot. I’ll try to get some bike pans by the end of the season as well.

I hate sounding stupid… but up where? I see no images at the top of my screen. I thought it might be ABP blocking them as an ad but I don’t see anything in IE either, or even in Safari on my phone. I’ve got the NYSpeed logo on the far left then a big gray box that covers the entire width of the window.

EDIT… nevermind. Just saw the thread about skins. Changed to mobile, then back to default and now I see all the pictures.

Are you adding the username(s) after the images are chosen, or should we supply usernames on the images initially?

Also, to be clear: you prefer 200px. tall by “X” px. wide, correct? Any max width? 72dpi right off the bat?

All we’re looking for is the image. We’ll add the username over it before it goes up.

Not prefer 200, it must be 200 high. There is no limit on the width, but it should be at least about 1000 I’d think for it to work. Whatever dpi works so that it looks good, but higher the better I’d imagine :tup:

The NYSpeed logo is sitting in a big gray square. Is that intentional? Because I’m guessing you want it to hover over the entire panoramic instead of having half the picture blocked by a gray square.

Cool. Thanks, Josh. :tup: I have a couple shots rep’ing some NYSpeed old-skoolers to chop up. :pimp:

Read JayS’s post above yours.

I’m on the new skin. I understand that. I see the image at the top right, but the yellow/black/red NySpeed logo is on a gray background which seems to cover half of the panoramic shot.

I think i was just a little unclear in my first post.

I kind of agree, the logo looks OK on my 22.5" widescreen (1920x1080) But it looks HUGE on my macbook. I think it could be a bit smaller.

Post a screenshot? The image should be centered and the logo left-aligned.

The size and position of the logo will depend on your screen resolution. If you’re on an 800x600 screen, the logo will cover part of the image. If you’re browsing 1920x1080 like Ian, it will be over the background image since none of the current panoramas are wide enough to cover 1920 pixels.

Yes. This is what it looks like on a smaller resolution (1440x900) the logo will over lap a bit, which i dont mind, I just think its a bit big in general:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/3904467122_d9ae8ec698_b.jpg

See that gap with the --> arrow below the image? That will be gone as soon as Mike fixes it. It only show up on IE and Safari.

And the new logo is only about 80 pix taller than the old logo, and need to be that high for when we add our major sponsors to the top right.

And the logo is supposed to overlap the image - the image is only a background.

Wrd. Well I’ll have to get some wider/thinner panos, cause it def leaves a nice gap on 1920x1080:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/3904463886_342c173c50_b.jpg

Yeah that’s a problem with getting these images up there. Wide and thin is what we need. But at 1920, we might be talking 360-degree shots, lol.