Photos from the TVR factory, taken by workers there. Cool.

X-post from jalopnik. Blackpool factory, shit tons of TVRs, assorted man-ass, a tank.

Photos of giant V12 engines, Day-Glo fiberglass shells, and Gary Numan’s stenciled head tell what happened behind the scenes at Britain’s coolest dead carmaker.

Before you’d think that posting a picture of the TVR Speed Twelve’s 1000+ hp, 7.7-liter V12 is a subtle way of saying that TVR is back from the dead, well, it’s not. But any day is a good day to remember TVR.

These are pictures taken not by professionals but by people who worked at the factory, the people who knew these people, or happened to be married to them. As a result, they are crude, but they show real life at an idiosyncratic car factory. There are pinups, there are dead mice, there are engines put to destructive testing, and there may also be dudes with bare asses and velocity trumpets.

If you’re okay with that, click through to the car blog Stipistop, where our Euro intern Máté has lovingly assembled them all. There is a page one and a page two.

And of course I’ve supplied the direct links. :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoy :tup:

so sad… I feel very fortunate to have driven a TVR, if any of you guys ever get the chance don’t turn it down. They everything good that you expect, and double the everything bad that you expect. I can imagine it’s a bit like meeting your favorite celebrity.

that is how cars should be built

One of my favorite manufacturers. I still really want a stable of TVR’s. Thanks for posting.

My pleasure. There’s something so very inherently dangerous and fringe about these guys and the cars, especially during the nineties. Outlaw car manufacturing, almost.

I can’t help but think of the absolute crap they used to produce in the 80s. lol

Love these cars :tup:

Every year at Carlisle the TVR Club of Canada(I think it’s Canada) comes with about 50 cars of all different vintage. The ones from the 60’s with the Ford V8’s in them sound like 19 year old lesbo sex with 2 hot lesbos, not the timberland wearing lesbos

i no longer want a TVR after seeing this

i love firsthand history of manufacturing like this. it’s cool being able to see into a day in the life at their factory. even if it was questionable

i remember that car in gran turismo when i was 14

^ I know right, always thought these cars were so cool, after that.

LOL!

http://stipistop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/TVR_Blackpool_Factory_Stipistop-61-450x337.jpg

the things i would do for a sagaris