PIAA/HELLA

now you deserve to get shit on … good luck finding help on here from now on .

In OP defense I dont think ST4TUS helped him one bit throughout the thread. lol

Anyways:popc:

My DAD? ROFL you don’t know me buddy, lol if you did you’d understand that what you
said doesn’t make any sense. When you say you are looking to SPUNK up you REX,
you should expect some feedback.

I might have come on a little strong with the diss…but I was joking with the pic.
I still think you are retarded for wanting to just throw 8" bulbs on the front of your
car so take it as you will.

I helped him by explaining what he is doing is going to be stupid and trying to jerry-rig a bracket
to accept HUGE fogs is a mistake in itself. Is OP planning to rally the car? Seems to me like hes just
looking for a cheap mod to throw on his car. Im entitled to posting my opinion, just as everyone else here.
Welcome to Shift. If you can’t take the criticism, don’t post dumb mods !

Dude it doesnt matter to me lol… I Understand everyone has an opinion but I dont think that was the OP intent.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvYJCUGttUFq52nfookLFOcZQeqRW-IT6M0UEYIfXi-06PUS8m

Im out- OP please post pics. Im not going to bash anything that is done correctly…
I just hate to see a perfectly good car hacked up for the sake of bordom

your car better be as awesome as boxersix’s old wrx or it’s prob gonna be fail.

Ok, sounds like you are looking for larger fog-light’s that fit in factory location for a more aggressive look, not necessarily for increased candlepower…

He has a point… as far as what it sounds like you’re trying to do this is definitely the cleanest option…

Sounds like your compromising now. I really doubt you need a lot of extra light. You definitely said you wanted them in factory location, and you strongly preferred the look of the older OEM fogs.

IMO lightbars are far from a cosmetic upgrade, and I only care for the look on a proper rally build…Also doing the JDM fogs is not going to be a big cost difference/hassle over buying a lightbar and mounting. I think you could be helpless but I’m just trying to be nice and drop my 2 cents in.

Idk where the whold budget thing came up but I was unaware of a jdm fog that was already made for this “swap” @ quattro, where can I find them

im gonna go with st4tus on this one. he has the cleanest/dopest wrx i have ever seen. i would have loved to own that car. sooo im going to go with his route and dont make it look like chickenshit bullshit like your doing. save up and do it right

I know you can find them on subie forum classifieds and what not, and I’m sure if you looked hard enough you could find them from a retailer, probably a pretty rare item as most JDM stuff tends to be, but definitely worth the find.

RPI freshmen cant have cars. brah.

Its the “I’m super asian and want an STI wagon so i can be pimp and look like your grandpa all at the same time”

I got a set of Hella 555 FF or something like that at Walmart for less than $70. Theyre behind my grille and are pretty bright.

your making it sounds like i was planning of duct taping flashlights to my car, not doing that, i wanted to do it right so it lookd official, i was unsure if they made a mod that was available, and was willing to build my own setup if need be.

idk where everyones getting the idea im trying to design on a dime here, i looked at the lights i was talking about and yes, theyre gaudy and thats why im not doing that.

thanks for everyones input, good or bad, i like the hate keep it comin, u r one of a kind ppl i appreciate everyones concern.

Sorry buddy- I was under the impression that you were a tool trying to just
go out and buy something to get insta-satisfaction of some sort of rally mod…

You would have got the same response if you asked “Looking to add some SPUNK
to my REX, I have a roll of red plastic- How can I make rally-flapz?!”

I thought you were aware they made a “big-fog” commonly referred to as
the 04-05 JDM Foglights/housings.

Now go buy them, and get the bar like you said with the hellas you bought.
Pictured below would be way over the top for my taste, but much better than
I thought you were going to do.

Your original post was misleading.
You should have asked where you can get mounting solutions for a light bar.

You shouldn’t have jumped all over him neither :rofl

Impulsive response, of which I will not apologize.
INTERNETZ ARE FREE :vlad lolol

well your right i kinda took it the wrong way when u threw that pretty ugly picture up with like 20 fogs attached to it. I felt like since i was new i was being attacked.

i took it personally and for my post about your father, i am sorry.

i didnt however end up getting the hellas bc they looked a little outlandish, not what i was going for.

i have been searching for the jdm fogs since you told me about them and dont know exactly what is a good deal, ive seen then for 350+ or some used on nasioc for like 250, which is probably the route i will take.

next question, is the housing on the jdm fog kit holding a fog light from the 02-03 wrx? if so would it be cheaper to custom fab my fog block offs to hold the fog from the bug eye? not *** rigging it/ or cob jobbing it whatever you may say.

i like the picture but i was trying for 2 fogs, not 4, obvisouly i dont need that much extra light i dont live in the woods.

and i paid $150 for my rally armour thank you!
the have yet to arrive tho…
:excited

You’ll fit right in.

These guys tend to “haze” new comers.