'Picture a day' thread

Just came back from 3 nights there, I’m severely depressed. That was taken at a beach in Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, ME. The park is unbelievably peaceful during the off season, I really would like to move out that way when my girls finished with school.

Maine is awesome in the off season, especially the beach towns. You have the place to yourself. Great shot too, Adam. I gotta get back out that way sometime myself.

whats going on here

taken by wanna be iphone… it was a perfect day out

Contents of my lungs from the past 3 hours.

Bats?

Standing below the waterfall possibly at thatcher?

NICK WHAT THE FUCK?!!?

Awesome dude!

correct GD3Skier

:lol Secret Caverns?

Yup.

:lol:lol

Dan dont have that bling bling jimbo does

Very nice.

That’s an awesome new bridge, Adam.
Where is that?

That is right by Ft Knox in Maine, about 2 hours up coastal Rt 1 from Portland. It’s really cool all the cables and the towers themselves are in between the traffic lanes, so it looks crazy driving over it. Also each of those tubes you see that carry the cables are filled with pressurized nitrogen to defend against corrosion and they have even replaced some of the strands with carbon fiber to see how they hold. Really innovative and cool design. Also the tower that’s out of view contains an elevator that you can access from Ft Knox to ride to the top. Definitely the coolest bridge I’ve ever seen myself.

No shit, that’s pretty cool! It looks like something that belongs in Europe, really cool design.