Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix show schedule

Didn’t see this listed anywhere else so hopefully this isn’t a repost. But this past weekend marked the start of the PVGP activities. There is pratically something going on almost every day till the race itself. I was going to suggest that maybe Pittspeed could get rent one of the tents up on the golf course, but it might be late for that (and its a little on the expensive side). The North Hills Sports Car Club did so look for them this year. Here is the main schedule, if you want to enter or see one of the shows click on the link and click details.

http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/pvgp/cwp/view.asp?A=3&Q=276517

Some stuff of intrest I pulled off their page…

Invitational Car Show on Walnut Street Monday July 9, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Nestled on Shadyside’s charming Walnut Street view rare, classic and exotic cars - a sampling of what is to come on the weekend at Schenley Park. Show cars by invitation, free to spectators. Details

PVGP Car Cruise at the Waterfront Tuesday July 10, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Join us at the Waterfront located in Historic Homestead and see over 500 cars of all marques. Sponsored by First Commonwealth Bank. $5 donation to our charities is requested. Including a special 11:30 AM appearance by Jeff Gordon and his #24 Nicorette Chevy. Details

Downtown Race Car Parade & Display Wednesday July 11, 10:30 - 2:00 PM
50 Race and show cars will thunder through downtown Pittsburgh on their way to 4 car displays at the US Steel Building, PPG Place, Market Square and Katz Plaza. Details

Grand Prix Tune-Up at Bossa Nova Wednesday July 11, 6:00 pm– 9:00 pm
A special happy hour downtown at Bossa Nova on 7th Street. Live entertainment and silent auction. $30 per person at the door includes tapas and two complimentary cocktails - no advance ticket sales. Details

Schenley Park Car Shows and Race Qualifying - Saturday July 14, 2007
Schenley Park Combined Car Shows & British Car Day - 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Come see classic, antique, and exotic vehicles including British, American, German, Japanese, and Italian cars on the golfcourse. Watch 200 vintage racers compete on the track all day to quality for Sunday’s featured races. Details

Vintage Race Practice and Qualifying Heats - 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Details

Saturday, July 14, 2007
6:30 AM to 2:00 PM - Driver/Crew Worker Registration
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Technical Inspections

CARS ON TRACK 8:15 AM Practice
VSCCA Sanctioned Race Groups:

Group 1: Pre-World War II (Pre-1941)
Group 2: Post-War Sports Cars Under 1 Litre & Preservation Cars
Group 3: Sports Racers and Formula Cars
Group 4: Under 2 Litre and Preservation (Pre 1960)
Group 5: Over 2 Litre (Pre 1960)
Group 6: Small Bore thru ’65, Modified and H Production

6:30 PM Driver, Crew & PVGP Volunteer Party at Hospitality Tent at Start/Finish,
compliments of the PVGP. Dinner, refreshments and music.

Schenley Park Race Day - Sunday, July 15
7:00 AM Worship Services – Pavilion behind Timing & Scoring at Start/Finish

7:00 AM to 11:00 AM Crew/Worker Registration

8:15 AM to 10:15 AM 15 Minute Warm-up & Practice Laps

11:00 AM MANDATORY Drivers Meeting at VSCCA Tent in Paddock

11:00 AM to noon Opening Ceremonies
Parade laps by Mercedes Marque, Honorary Race Director Bobby Rahal
Patron Parkers and Thunder Run motorcycles

12:00 to 5:00 PM 6 Races (8 lap races or 30 Minutes whichever comes first)

9:30 AM to 4:00 PM Larry Smith Car Show - Featuring the best from Saturday’s car shows

wish i knew more about this…

Downtown Race Car Parade & Display Wednesday July 11, 10:30 - 2:00 PM
50 Race and show cars will thunder through downtown Pittsburgh on their way to 4 car displays at the US Steel Building, PPG Place, Market Square and Katz Plaza. Details

i work right by the USX and would like to see the cars…too bad the “details” link doesn’t work.

Shouldn’t be to hard to find them, unless they called it off due to rain but I doubt it. I wanted to goto the waterfront show last night, but I couldn’t find anyone else who wanted to go down. Anyone else go?

On a side note it looks like my car might be out in the show field this weekend at the Steel Cities SCCA booth. I’ll be out on one of the course crew trucks both days.

Quick bump to see if anyone is going down to the shows tomorrow or Sunday? Weather is suppose to be good for both days. If you’ve never been to the vintage car show your likely to see cars that only come out once or twice a year and thats it (not just vintage stuff I mean damn near everything).

i am taking my son tomorrow

I can’t believe this is not a more responded to event. The event is awesome to say the least for any type of car enthusiast. Tomorrow between 12 and 1pm you can pay $25 to ride the course w/ a driver. I suggest that if you never been to the PVGP you should go!

I’m getting down there with a few people at 11am. Probably the best shows in Pittsburgh.

Spent the day there with my family…

I was impressed !

I’ll go tomorrow too if it doesn’t rain.

(Parkway sucked)

was your car there…

my dad fell in love with a new db9 hard top

Thanks guys for supporting this! Being that the whole thing is one big volunteer effort that goes toward two big charities is the reason I push this so much. That and I work out on the course on one of the rope tow trucks. If anyone goes tomorrow my civic is parked on the clubhouse side of the show grounds, near the back. Look for all the SCCA banners!

Awesome day there today. Had a friggen blast. Best show of the year for Euros. The Benz SLR under the tent was a jaw-dropping car.
I’ll see everyone going tomorrow. If it isn’t raining, look for the car in my sig. If it is raining, look for a silver xTerra parked in the middle of the German cars by turn 13… lol. Say hey if you are around.

I think cheeks and I might head out after Golfing in the AM. i was not impressed with the SLR. i would expect more for 500k.

but my dad fell in love with the DB9

I’ll be there tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Yeah, price not withstanding… that car was incredible to me, but certainly not worth half a mil.

Definitely and awesome event and perfect weather. Went for a ride in a 1957 Lotus 7. Hit around 80-90mph on the back straight…fast enough to make my cheeks balloon and debris from the ground sting my face.

Hung out on turn 13 and watched some hairy entries by some excellent drivers. You guys should try and stop out today and watch the races today!