Plastic Wall board or sheets

Looking for some, hopefully locally available, and hopefully affordable plastic type sheeting. Ideally I am looking for the stuff you see walls of public bathrooms are made of. The white textured plastic wall boards. 1/8th" would be fine. Or the corrugated plastic sheets would work too. Its to cover the walls of a paint booth, so it can be hosed out with water and not rot and get all shitty.

PolyMax Board I found but its $54 a sheet
4MM 4’x8’ sheet of corrugated is $20 a sheet

but I can seem to find any locally.

any ideas?

FRP (fiberglass reinforced panels)- I worked with it on a bunch of McDonald’s renovations. Super easy to put up, think sheetrock, only flexible and much lighter stuck to the walls with liquid nails. Trim pieces connect the sheets, when you’re done- you can pressure wash your interior walls (almost).

You can get the stuff at Lowes for ~30/sheet.

Piedmont plastics has pretty much anything you could imagine. In case it’s something you can’t find at home depot or lowes.

This.
They sell moldings for inside/outside/end cap/butt joints. Liquid Nails construction adhesive and you’re ready to go. It has a textured face thats glossy and easy to wipe down or spray off.

You can still get it in a variety of colors I believe too.

http://media.mydoitbest.com/imagerequest.aspx?sku=100390&size=2&warehouse=C&newsize=200

http://www.lowes.com/pl_Sequentia_4294807189+4294961151_4294937087_?Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1

Serial killers ITT

No mess, no fuss! :slight_smile:

$33 a sheet is alot of cash! this isnt going to be cheap! thx for the ideas guys… keep them coming if you can.

Are you making a golden shower room?

Just use thin fiberboard and paint it, seal it good.

Invites are in the mail, please rsvp by the 25’th. kthx

Like MDF? Paint it with what that would make it water proof?

What about this hardboard:

3/16 In. x 48 In. x 96 In
$13 a sheet

then just use some white semi gloss exterior latex paint to seal the wood, then calk the bitch to the floor and all the joints.

I think thats about the cheapest way to do it and make it work well. I mean your house gets rained on all the time, so no reason this shouldn’t work and last for a while.

http://coolmaterial.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Dexter-plastic-wrap.jpg

What about vinyl siding the inside?!? Actually the solid soffit material. and run it vertically, so it doesn’t hold dust in the ribs. Thats cheap enough and easy to install.

Just man up and buy the right shit. It’s a specialty panel and there’s not many alternatives, which all cost roughly the same anyway. Do it right the first time and don’t dick around with poor substitutes for this.

-Adam

Yeah i am sure you are right. I will talk to the boys and see what they think.

The problem is that if you use other substitutes or siding, you’re going to spend quite a bit more on sealing compounds for every joint you have. If you plan to be able to hose it down inside and don’t make it watertight, you’ll end up with a huge mess behind the wall and/or worse yet…mold.

-adam