Platos Closet?

Anyone ever sold clothes to this place or anything like it? How well do they pay for designer clothes?

I have lost over 50 lbs in the last 10 months and am swimming in my clothes now and before I move in the next 2 months I think I might sell my whole warrdobe of larger clothes and buy new ones.

I have 10 pairs of Express jeans all in good condition and a bunch of express, AF, H&M, and other name brand clothes I would be selling and wondering if its worth lugging it all there.

I’ve heard a few people say they didn’t get much from them.

yea u get jack shit, but if it dont fit u better to get somethin then nothing for it

I’ve heard the stuff needs to be current and in brand new condition. and then you get almost nothing for it.

50lbs? Damn that pretty good. Good effort.

They are to be within the last years style…and they pay like crap!!

What size clothes are we talking about? I have someone in mind who might buy them if you were looking to sell them yourself.

You don’t get much but who cares, it’s quick and easy. Have fun with ebay otherwise. I probably only got $4 for a $40 pair of dockers but they didn’t fit, so I got them out of my closet and someone got to buy them for $10.

Super gratz on the loss!
You can try craigslist too.

I could have sworn I only saw girl’s clothes there when I went.

Donate, writeoff, buy new stuff, don’t get fat again. And congrats on getting unfat. :tup:

if its worn underwear i hear you can get good money on ebay. you have to model it of course.

When I put it on my taxes I lost money on my return…:meh:

You did it wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

because… your standard deduction is more than anything you would have to itemize… if you had a house… then great donating would be good for you

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t know how picky they were. I have about 5 pairs of jeans 34x34 and 36x34 that are in great condition are from Express and Calvin Klien and a few other stores. They are not the most current styles tho.

Also a bunch of shirts that are getting too big. It might be too much of a pain to sell them so was seeing if just dropping them all off to a reseller store would be beneficial but based on everyone experience, its not. I might have to look into donating them since I am moving soon again and don’t want to haul them from place to place or find out what is good and keep

Shit. you were 34x34 and then you lost 50 lbs?
I wear 34x34, and if I lost 50 lbs… I’d be… 110lbs… :S

Ya it was more in my gut, face, and chest. My waist never expanded. Between brands, it was anywhere from 34x34 to 38x34. My latest H&M jeans were 34x34 I got a year ago.

I was almost 260 and now down to 210 and all my pants are huge on me. I just am trying to find the best way to get rid of them and put the money to new clothes.

Good for you

Express makes clothes for fat people?

WAIT WHAT? You were 260lbs and fit in 34x34?

They give you shit. When I moved I had so much clothing that was too big for me I took it there (easily $1000 in clothes) and I got 43 bucks for it. I didn’t care because it was either there or goodwill.

Also they are very picky about what they buy, a lot of my stuff which was ~1 year old that they turned down and ended up in the Salvation Army bin.

If you care about them eBay is your best bet, but if not just Salvo them.