power inverters?

i tossed in the 3.5 bar map sensor last nite and my fuel map has gone to shit, so i gotta ride around with the laptop for awhile this weekend. wheres a good place to get one? probably need something in the 250W range. the closer to walden and transit the better. tried radioshack and but they wanted 60 bucks for one. i could have sworn the first one i picked up was like 25 or 30.

thanks

Napa on Wherle near Transit has them.

400w = PN 782-2232 $49.99
175w = PN 782-1642 $35.99

I could get it to my store by 2:00 and they would be 5.00 cheaper.

250W to run a laptop? is it like quad pentium 4’s or something?

WAL-MART i got my 350 watt for 30 bucks

thanks, ill probably stop at the one on wherle after work.

i know i dont something that big, but the most common sizes seem to be 250, 350, and 500.

A laptop has like, a 95w draw at most

that’s like, dual core P4 with all accesories running

and like 3 USB peripherals all drawing power

yeah.

I used the walmart one for like $20-30, worked fine. But don’t get one that has the anoyying high pitched continous -beeeeeeeep- anytime it is receiving low voltage, i.e. engine is off. lol impossible to tune with that going off, if you want to shut down the motor and make changes between driving sessions.

But using it so much and plugging it in and taking it out has torn up my cigg lighter assembly to pieces, I think I’m just going to hardwire something in now.

You passed inspection?

grabbed one from a friend to limp my car back to storage, the rest of the map was surprisingly still on, just the idle was off.

hell yes! nissan must have done a really half-assed job with that obd2 stuff.

I have a 400W and it just barely runs my laptop. I actually had a no name POS 400 watt and it wouldn’ even power it up, I didn’t want to go any bigger because u are to tie it directly into the battery. So I b ought one at walmart, I think its a black and decker. Works well so far.

go to harbor freight and get the 800 watt peak 1800 one for like 69 $ i have 2of them