Pros and/or Cons of individual throttle bodies

I have a 90 accord with a jdm h22a swap. I was looking into getting individual throttle bodies for it but dont know much about them. Anyone have any info on them? Is there other stuff I should look into getting when purchasing it? Easy to install or should I have a shop that has done them before do it? Thanks for any help

its not wise to have a setup like this in this area.
the temp/humidity changes to much in order to keep those throttle bodies happy.
a stock motor is not going to benifit as much as you would like from itbs.
save you money.

IMHO, it’s a total waste of $$$

you’ll benefit more by concentrating on other areas of the motor to make more power. On a basically stock engine (or atleast, a non-high performance race engine or a very efficient engine designed to use them), I doubt you’ll see any real gains for all the money spent.

Go with a larger single TB :tup:

Easy to install sure. Easy to keep car running right no. Pretty much need to tune for weather changes and what not.

If you want to stay all motor think pistons and cams but thats ripping into the motor not really sure where you going with this whole thing.

Individual throttle bodies work great on my car :slight_smile: Not a Honda though lol

just looking for a little something extra without getting into a turbo. any other suggestions

:word:

moved.

Personally from the way your talking you don’t sound like you’ve done a lot of homework for yourself.
With the experience i’ve gotten so far the easiest answer is to save up enough to buy a car with much better potential. I know it’s not what you want to hear, but it’s by far the best answer i’ve learned from my automotive journey.

start doing homework on what cars have better potential. Even better yet is to buy someones car they’ve already mostly built. This way you save a LOT on parts. From there you can go and change it to the way you want.

Nitrous for a quick boost.

If it’s power you are looking for all the time. I’d suggest more agressive cams. Perhaps a thin headgasket to raise compression a tad. Add all that to a larger throttlebody and maybe an aftermarket intake manifold and you’ll be sure to get a very noticable power gain.

I could get a different car if I want I have just had this car for awhile. The H22A gives me enough power and has for awhile. Just looking at different avenues to go to was think about getting cam gears, pulleys, different little things like that but i just wanted to know what the deals was on the individual throttle bodies that I’ve seen on different cars lately.

do you have a body kit on your car? (this is a serious question)

:tdown: for N/A hondas… i would look at something different… well idk, what is the purpose/goals with this car?

the goal now is to start adding more to the engine and yes it has a bodykit (sorry i know it is frowned upon)

thread is going off topic now.

I suggest you start a thread in Gen Auto telling everyone what you have right now in detail. Then tell everyone what you want to do with the car. For example what kind of racing, if any. then ask everyones advise on what they would suggest.

Good Luck!