PS2, Guns, car audio

I don’t have any pics right now, i’ll take some Monday and upload them when I can get a hold of my camera. sorry.

defiantly get some pics up of that AK… im hella interested

That’s at a store, but they do that for every gun purchase, even breech loading shotguns. What about private sales? It’s just a semi-auto rifle. “Assault rifle” doesn’t have a clear definition. You don’t need a background check to buy/sell a semi-auto 22 rifle privately, or a Ruger mini14, or a semi-auto shotgun. So why would this be different? I think you are mistaken. If however I’m wrong, and you have a valid source please share.

Handguns sold between private parties must use an FFL, this is not true with long guns.

if its a “rifle” of any kind and its NOT full auto you have no worries…full auto you need permits and all other types of bs

I agree, we aren’t Cali YET. But give Rendell a little more time, and all bets are off.

Still waiting on the pics. I got cash, but just on the chance you looking for any trades?

ill check on that t/m but ur prolly rite…i just know what ive experienced when i bought mine and from the dealers and state boys i know…like i said ill check t/m
btw the 22lr is a conversion kit sold for the ak to get around shooting the expensive 762 round…

![<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/bschreib24/?action=view&current=12708015.jpg](<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/bschreib24/?action=view&current=12708015.jpg)
![<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/bschreib24/?action=view&current=12708016.jpg](<a href="http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/bschreib24/?action=view&current=12708016.jpg)

well they aren’t showing up here, but if you copy/paste it gives you access to the photobucket where they’re posted.

I’m not really interested in any trades I can think of right now.

I agree that the do make a conversion kit, but they also have an AK chambered in 22lr. I alomst bought my son one a couple weeks back at the gun show in Greensburg. But to be honest it was the first one I have ever seen.

Check 18 Pa CSA section 6111© Duty of other persons–
" Any person who is not a licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm to another unlicensed person shall do so ONLY upon the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer dealer or county sheriff’s office, the latter of whom shall follow the procedures set forth in this chapter as if he were the seller of the firearm." (this provision does not apply to transfers between parent and child or beteen grandparent and grandchild)

Then go to subsection (f) for definition of firearm, "any weapon which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of explosive. Then it says that © applies to revolvers with barrels less than 15 inches, shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches and rifles with barrels less than 16 inches.

But under (e) does not apply to antique firearms, or flintlocks, percussion, or matchlocks.

So all those sales face to face, must still be done at a dealer with the record check regardless if the firearm is a pistol, shortbarreled shotgun or short barrelled rifle.

(B1) To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA? [Back]

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

from same atf document only further down

M. FIREARMS - NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (NFA)

(M1) The types of firearms that must be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record are defined in the NFA and 27 CFR, Part 479. What are some examples? [Back]

Some examples of the types of firearms that must be registered are:

Machine guns;

The frames or receivers of machine guns;

Any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting weapons into machine guns;

Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for converting a weapon into a machine gun;

Any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person;

Silencers and any part designed and intended for fabricating a silencer;

Short-barreled rifles;

Short-barreled shotguns;

Destructive devices; and,

“Any other weapon.”

A few examples of destructive devices are:

Molotov cocktails;

Anti-tank guns (over caliber .50);

Bazookas; and,

Mortars.

A few examples of “any other weapon” are:

H&R Handyguns;

Ithaca Auto-Burglar guns;

Cane guns; and,

Gadget-type firearms and “pen” guns which fire a projectile by the action of an explosive.

[26 U.S.C. 5845]

(M2) How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms? [Back]

Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:

By transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee.

By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

[27 CFR 479.62-66 and 479.84-86 ]

(M24) If a person has a pistol and an attachable shoulder stock, does this constitute possession of an NFA firearm? [Back]

Yes, unless the barrel of the pistol is at least 16 inches in length (and the overall length of the firearm with stock attached is at least 26 inches). However, certain stocked handguns, such as original semiautomatic Mauser “Broomhandles” and Lugers, have been removed from the purview of the NFA as collectors’ items.

[26 U.S.C. 5845, 27 CFR 479.11]

ALSO IN SAID DOCUMENT
(B16) What record-keeping procedures should be followed when two private individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction?

There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact State Police units or the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements

IN THIS CASE STATE LAW TRUMPS FEDERAL. AS SUCH PLEASE REFER BACK TO PA LAW ABOVE.

P.S. could u please pm me with some pics of the ak if u still have it

Right,
Long guns do not have to be registered, and therefore do not require any special transfer, because on the government books…they dont exist!

If you’d prefer to do it at a store that’s all well and good, but it’s not necessary. The reason it’s important with a handgun is because it is registered to the owner in a federal database. If you sold that without properly transferring it, there could be negative consequences. Since nobody “owns” the long-gun, it doesn’t make a difference.

yeA but the ak isnt a long gun cuz its barrel isnt 16 inches…at least mines not…

Oh, yours is an AK pistol?

:ugh2:

how the hell could it NOT be at least 16"?

I was wondering that too. I have seen AR pistols, but never an AK pistol.:cool:

nm i measured mine lol 16 inches seems shorter than it actually is…yea yea now whos the ass…again sorry