Question about emissions??

I have a 97 camaro RS. This past fall I bought a wrecked 97 z28, and Sam from JJ’s swapped everything over for me doing an outstanding job. Now my question is will I have any problems with emissions being my car is still listed as a v6, but now has the v8 in? Also, Sam was unable to hook up the air tubes to my jet hot lt’s because the headers were listed for a 95, so the fittings were different. Will I need to get the air tubes hooked up? And if so, does anyone know what size fitting I will need to go from the 95 headers to my 97 air tubes? My stickers were up in Jan, so now I need to get somethin going. If anyone has any advice or info, i’d appreciate it.

Shawn

Not sure about the other questions, but regarding the air tubes, I had the reverse situation - headers were for early '95, but I had air tubes for late '95 - 97. I just bought the different version of the air tubes and they hooked up with minimal hose cutting.

I’m not familiar w/ the PA laws but even here in Smog Nazi Cali you can put a newer motor in any chassis if you retain all the emmisions equipment. I’m not sure if the same applies for same model year though. You should be able to call the DMV or whatever it’s called there and get a quick answer though.

-TJ