RB20 HELPPP

whats up

i want to see how the timing belt is looking on my 1992 skyline GTST to determine if i need to change it. the car has 143,000 km but i dont know if the timing belt has been recently changed… i understand that this involves removing the cover which has the timing (dont know the real name) bolted to it. Will i harm the car by doing so if the timing is not bolted back into the proper position?.. also if the cover is not placed back on (timing belt is exposed), will this pose any problems? and lastly if anybody could give me a quick step by step on how to remove it properly… any help is greatly appreciated. thanks again

cheers

My question for you is. How long have you had the car?

Also I would just change the timing belt and the water pump. If it wasn’t done your way over done at 143 000 km.

That’s my 2 cents.

thanks alot 91 hatch i appreciate it… the thing is though, i dont really have enough cash to do the timing belt and water pump, i just bought the car with 143,000 clicks, so i want to take a look at it and see if it will actually need the job done, any suggestions

Well, the only thing i can say is that, take the cover off, there are some bolts holding it on.

but i would suggest that you get the money up. and get it done. you can never be too safe.