rebuilding E46 differential

I drive a 05 325i, a few nights ago the diff leaked its fluid and eventually locked up while driving down rt-9. I got the car towed back to my house, after sitting on the side of the road waiting of the tow truck and the diff cooled the car was able to roll again, it was clear that for some reason all the bolts the hold the rear diff cover were loose. im guessing the previous owner had something to do with it since its a replacement 3:46 ratio diff. I tightened the loose bolts up and refilled the fluid just for the hell of it and moved the car around my driveway but its got a loud grind in it now from a bearing im guessing. my question is what are my options as far as getting this on rebuilt?

Depending on what you want to do and spend it will most likely be cheaper to source a used unit. Usually once you drop a bearing and lock it up, the r&p are damaged and beyond use. Youre supposed to rebuild them before it gets that far

If you want to drop it i can inspect it for you quick and see if its worth rebuilding

I found one at Jerry browns for less than 200 with a warranty. I dont think it’s gonna get any cheaper than that. Thank you tho

Definitely not, good buy there

There’s a few parts e46s on craigslist too, but 200 ain’t bad at all. I paid 325 for my transfer case lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I am very surprised to see the prices on the e46 parts, I was expecting to be paying an arm and a leg for stuff, but so far the parts are reasonably priced and its an easy car to work on for the most part.

E46 parts are DIRTY Cheap. Even engines and trasmissions are cheap now.