Recommendation on buying a car.

I’m looking at picking up a used car since my ’99 4WD Dakota is about to break 125k but I’m not sure what make or model yet. It has to be fun to drive, good acceleration with a very good possibility of using it as a autocross vehicle and/or track (road race track, not a drag track). What would you recommend?

subby wrx :):slight_smile:

4th gen f-body

how much are you looking to spend?

Ball park…probably near 5-8k.

See my post above

4th gen f-body

x2

Clean 98 Z28 for sale in Wexford right now for $8K…buy it so I can stop thinking about buying it myself.

I’m not a big fan of the 4th gen f-body or any generation of that car for the record.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26860

:wtf: why would u wanna use a truck for autocross??

I’m not a big fan of the 4th gen f-body or any generation of that car for the record.

Well, how about a Mustang GT/Cobra?

96-98 Cobra could be had for your price range…

what are you into mostly? imports, domestics, does it matter

what are you into is a good question to ask.

for 8 grand you can have a very quick and very good handling late 80s fbody. those things handle exceptionally well. 4th gens can handle good too.

but if your not into that kinda thing, then cobra stang would be a good choice. 5.0 cars can be quick in a straight line but takes more work to get them to handle as good as the fbody. i’d stay away from those and go for a mid 90’s cobra

else a C4 vette. probly what i’d go for, if mostly autocross/road racing is what your gonna be doing with it

x2

WooT!

but if your not into that kinda thing, then cobra stang would be a good choice. 5.0 cars can be quick in a straight line but takes more work to get them to handle as good as the fbody. i’d stay away from those and go for a mid 90’s cobra

You mean fox bodies, right? SN95 5.0s handle pretty well.

else a C4 vette. probly what i’d go for, if mostly autocross/road racing is what your gonna be doing with it

Another good suggestion.

C4 Vette is one awsome handling machine…the late L98 isnt too bad…but the LT1 rips.

Don’t think he will find a WRX for 8K thats worth owning.

any wrx/sti/evo will still be over his price range.

You mean fox bodies, right? SN95 5.0s handle pretty well.

yep thats what i ment. foxes can be made into decent handling machines but it takes some work. short wheelbase and fairly narrow track width kinda hurts them.