Refreshed Subaru Legacy and Outback

Easy-does-it refresh, but that’s a good thing.

Legacy 3.0 R Limited: The Incomplete Grand Touring Sedan

The 2008 Legacy 3.0 R Limited Sedan takes its place above the 2.5 GT spec.B model as the model line’s performance/luxury flagship sedan. The new 6-cylinder 3.0 R Limited, with a 245-hp 6-cylinder Boxer engine, shares a similar Bilstein Sport Suspension, but with different components and tuning. Overall, the Legacy 3.0 R Limited is designed to provide the refined, sophisticated, and exciting performance typically expected from premium European All-Wheel Drive sedans.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, equipped exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission, will continue to emphasize exciting turbo performance, with blistering acceleration (0-60 mph in less than six seconds) and maximum driver involvement. Both of these high-performance models features 18-inch alloy wheels, each model distinguished by its own wheel design.
New Paddle-Shift Transmission

In the turbo and 6-cylinder Legacy and Outback models equipped with the 5-speed automatic transmission (standard on 6-cylinder models), new steering wheel paddle shifters add a new dimension of driver involvement. The driver will be able to manually control gearshifts by using either the console shift or the paddle shifters. Adding to the driving excitement with this transmission is a new “downshift blipping control” that gives the rev-matching behavior of an expertly shifted manual transmission. This transmission also features improved shift quality and performance for 2008.

It appears no real manual will be offered with the 3.0R. The H6 was only offered in the Outback sedan and wagon previously, in case anybody was wondering. :frowning:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/jcf/newsID/2070108.011/subaru/redesigned-subaru-legacy-and-outback-debut-at-naias

Still a b-e-a-utiful car

Nice. One of my favorite (reasonably priced) cars.

like it, but not a fan of the “brake light” in the rear bumper. i would have to see it in person, but it would NOT stop me from buying it.

the rear end is HUGE, just like many new cars. other than that I really like it.

no turbo no care, don’t care for the rear bumper, the 07+ rims have always been fugly

grill doesn’t do it for me, the logo needs to be more centered with the “wings”.

The 2.5 GT still exists but now this H6 is supposed to be a model above it.

Niiiice

no turbo no care

I want a turbo 6cyl, that is why my next car will likely be a audi. turbo 6 and AWD who else offers it?

no one… maybe porsche?

3.0 H6 + turbokit + paddleshifter = FTW

is that in production?

no

No, that’s why I said turbokit instead of turbo.

Now why did Subaru have to turn around and do this and make me want that damn car even more???

It’s my favorite out right now.

Turbo 4, AWD, real nice interior all while not being absurdly priced.

And by this I mean the 2.5 GT

That’s a nice looking IS300

http://images.consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/autoreview/400x266/2001-05-Lexus-IS-300-01806041990006.JPG

:confused:

Yeah I don’t see it.