Review: Borat

I thought it was funny for about the first twenty minutes, but tailed off a bit after that. I was very disappointed by the movie. I agree that people who have seen the show a lot may not be that impressed. The Borat charater is funny on the show for sub ten minute segments, but I found the movie tobe about half an hour too long and it wasn’t even an hour and a half long. I thought this movie was a huge letdown.

wow, you guys both suck ^^

Eh. I know what you two are saying.

I will agree that after watching Ali G enough, the movie wasn’t probably quite as funny as it would have been if it was your first experience with Borat.

But, I still think it was the comedy of 2006 hands down (along with Clerks 2 and Jackass 2)

:tup:

I agree with Evo Sam. I was expecting more. Funniest parts were already shown in the previews.

i never saw the Ali G show, or what ever it is…and Ive never seen any of the trailers…saw Borat last night and it was GREAT! unique and super funny.
carbonfiberhooded:
Tip: don’t watch movie trailers…ESPECIALLY comedies. If a movie says “9:50” showing…don’t walk in to the show any earlier than 9:58.

OH MY GOD… Such a funny movie, The hotel scene had me gasping for air, and crying as I couldn’t breathe it was so funny.

I dunno… Both the bf and I thought some parts were funny, but it wasn’t all it was made out to be. I’ve never seen the show before, but maybe it was just us? :shrug: