risk + simcity with a pinch of civilization for good measure

My army is almost to 100k points :slight_smile: I am gonna have to start learning what each unit is worth, so I can start attacking people with scores, to hopefully get better goods :slight_smile:

Anyone use spies yet, to see what port level someone is at? Can you even do that?

Thanks Fuzzy! Need anything???

Spies are tough to use. Before you send them in somewhere, you can check to see the potential of them being caught on a specific mission. The bigger the city you dispatch them to, the better luck you’ll have. And once a spy completes a mission, leave him in for a little bit. If you try to pull him out right away, he’ll get caught.

Also, you guys gotta research “helping hands”. Its awesome!!

Helping hands is going to take me 5 days… I am working on it now, haha. I have like no resources though because I started my 3rd colony today… :frowning:

Helping Hands? I can get it right now if I switch my research, but I’m working on getting that 8% research points boost from the Mechanical Pen. I still have a day left in it, but I’m looking forward to 8% increase in my research!

Only issue i saw is you need 8 workers to get ONE additional good.

Example production:

Without HH: 185 workers, +85 marble / hour

With HH: 277 workers, +104 marble / hour

Only if I have my towns at level 15+ for all four and TONS of additional people, will this be worth it. I’ll wait til I get my research bonuses, and then it’ll go faster

I need crystal, lots of crystal at this point.

I guess it lets you put more people on each resource than normal.

I have now grown quite fond of Glass research. :slight_smile: It will take 22 more hours to get the Mechanical Pen research completed normally, but since I havent used my glass I am very close to purchasing it’s completion early!

I am pillaging glass towns constantly, and I get +67/hr from my workers at a level 7 crystal mine. It’ll take less than 8 hours to get the research done, costing me about 5,000 glass… but, that’s 14 hours saved! :slight_smile:

Current Research
Mechanical Pen
71%
22h 46m 45s
Accelerate research with crystal glass

You can complete the current research by adding crystals.
The amount required is dependent on the research complexity and the amount of research points already invested.
The closer the scientists are to their breakthrough, the less crystals are needed to be invested.

* Amount of crystal needed for completion: 5244

You still need 830 crystal glass in order to finish the research!

Heh I am loving this now…

some guy on the same island as me has attacked me 3 times in 2 days…

All were averted by my fleet…but it is annoying…so when his last attack was coming I warned him to pull it back or pay…

He didn’t soooo

blockade for 8 hrs…followed by 6 attacks, 2 from each of my island. My first attacked wiped out a mix of ~60 soldiers and his puny fleet

There were only like 2 hours of blockade left so I went ahead and sent 6 flame ships for another 8 hours…

The best part is the message I got

Your fleet blocking the port entrance of LoTR King Town, has captured an arriving trade fleet from Baraon and sent it to your town Speedo2. The foreign trade fleet had the following goods on board: Sulfur 100

So I get the goods he bought, and he has no sulfur to make a counter force…I hope he quits

Oh and if anyone from the alliance want coords lemme know and get in on the action, pretty decent pillaging going on round after round of attacks

hehe sounds like you guys are having some fun

LOL I just looked at my town. I got raped.

Some guy hit me up 6 times for:

Building material: 661

Wine: 189

Marble: 55

Sulphur: 252

Now I have 0 military haha. Ah well just dumped all my $$$

Jeff if you want a challenge, attack this guy in revenge for me:
Kinetia[55:63]
Monetheral#
Total Score:11,550

Military Score:119,672

Gold Score:778,426 (16,347)

LOL

I finally have enough marble to upgrade my palace again. By tomorrow, I should have my 3rd colony up and running.

Fuzzy, I’ll start sending you some crystal as soon as I get some ships back.

107,xxx military score. Good luck with that one.

login: brendansi
pass: upforgrabs1

if anyone wants it.

Damn, why you quitting? It’s a good time waster… :frowning:

And… Theres no way I can beat that guy. Sadly, he’s a little out of my league

I keep forgetting about it. And I’m bringing an xbox to work from now on, I think. LOL.

Damnit Jeff, just beat him his forces are all at my place, divert them to you :wink:

How many times has he attacked you and whats the time frame?? Its actually against the rules to attack a person more than X times in X amount of hours. I’ll try to find the exact numbers…

What do you mean his forces are at your place?? I didnt think Occupation worked yet…

I am 10 hours away from him :frowning: He’ll have built a TON of defenses before my ships even get there…

I’d love to do something, cause a challenge sounds fun, but that just wont work at this distance… especially since I have no idea how to do battle really

Taken from the rules section of the Ikarium board:

IV. Bashing

It is not allowed to attack any given city owned by a player over 6 times in a single 24 hours period.

Bashing is only allowed when your Alliance is at war with another Alliance
The War must be announced on the official Ikariam.org board, in the correct forum and must comply with the boards specific rules.

Note: Attacking troops that are completely destroyed do not count towards the bashing rule.

So according to this, if he attacks you a seventh time, you post on the board and he gets a spanking.

6 times in 6 hours.

I would say egg him on, but if he knows the rule, he might wait and start again tomorrow.