rsx ecu questions

So ive got the basics done to my car. I/H/E and all Im really missing for a basic bolt on honda build is an ecu. Ive decided that the hondata reflash is most likely my best bet (since ill be done modding after that kpro isnt neccessary). I want the 5200rpm vtec pt, and 8600rpm redline reflash. Its like #4 on the hondata site…but anyway. After looking at the hondata dealers near me, it turns out innovative tuning is just about the only one. Now the problem is this. I cant go without my car. ever. And even if I overnight this thing, joe from innovative said itll take probably 4-5 days still. Unfortunately they dont give a spare ecu of any kind so you can at least drive it around until the reflash returns. Questions:

-What am I going to do to get my reflash besides the obvious of being screwed and stranded without my car for nearly a week?

-Are there any other ecu programs for an rsx type s that I can just buy straight up that are just as good as the hondata?

Thanks in advance.

Buy an ecu on ebay and send that to hondata, then sell yours when you don’t need it anymore.

what about the immobilizer?

Hmmm…forgot about the immobilizer…seems like something that Honda should be able to help you with. I’d say a trip to Don Davis might be in order, and talk to Joe at the parts desk and tell him what you are doing - maybe he can help you out.

almost seems like too much of a hassle. Ill just wait till schools over I think. Come up with a gameplan then

get a k-pro, and it can be installed in a couple of hours. if you want convenience, you need to pay for it.

Im not going to add any other mods to my car. Kpro, in my situation, is a waste of money. Ill wait until summer to get the reflash.

Whats the price difference between K-pro and the reflash? I think the reflash is like $600?

You will have much better gains with k-pro too :open_mouth:

But the whole goal is to NOT go a week w/o a car. What does getting a kpro over a reflash have to do with that? As far as I know they both still get sent over to hondata, right? And Its like $995 vs $595 or something.

Jeez, I think the price on the k-pro went up

nvm, the 1500 price is with ECU

wtf did i say like 3 posts up? turn around time on a k-pro is a couple of hours. they are done on site. a flash need to be sent out.

real tuning > off the shelf tune

Something i didnt know. Chill the hell out. Should have said that the first time. Now who does the tuning? Is it pretty basic?

why not call the local hondata dealer again, and ask these questions?

had you asked mike or joe the questions you had in the first post they would have answered them for you. then this thread wouldn’t exist, you “would know”, i would be able to chill out, and both of our post counts would be a touch lower.

wow your a fucking douche bag. God forbid somebody doesnt know everything. im sorry your miserable. you didnt have to respond to this thread ya know. dont act like i inconvenienced you.

yeah, im a bag… but im the bag that knows the answers to your questions, and told you where to call to get them because i don’t want to type them.

edit:
oh, and you probably shouldnt try to tune k-pro yourself.

like i said, just dont respond. problem solved.

Edit:
Your right…because I didnt know the Kpro was done on site, that most likely means Im too stupid to tune it myself. Why some people are still so stupid at the age of 31 is beyond me. Just stay the fuck out of my thread if you dont want to answer the question.