RUBIK'S CUBE!!!!!!!!

[quote=“jballz86,post:37,topic:25204"”]

Im pretty sure that it is just like a set number of moves that you just do over and over. I watched one of my math professors do it in just about 30 seconds, and he told me something along those lines.

[/quote]

In general, yes. More so, you solve it in pieces. If you happen to solve it without being able to sove it again, then it was purely on accident. It simply doent work that way.

Here’s how it works;

You solve it in steps. Pick a corner, and solve a 2x2x2 piece. Then you solve a 2x2x3 piece. At this point it gets tricky, you have to now solve the bottom two layers (2x3x3) but you have to watch for “flipped” pieces. There is a set a moves to memorize to unflip them. Then you solve the bottom 2 layers.

With the top layer left, you place the corners in their correct spot, they dont have to be flipped the right way. Then you get the top layer colors all facing up, but most fo the time the side pieces will be one oppostie corners. At this point there is a set series of moves to place them in their correct spots, and the cube is solved.

Each “step” has a series of moves you can perform every time to get a piece where you want it. It’s not a trick, it’s not cheating, but you recognize you’re doing the same twist and turn to place a corner or edge where you want it to be.

The people who can do them in under a minute can locate and place a piece much faster, they look over the cube, pin point the pieces they need in order to solve the first steps, and once those steps are “solved”, it can be completley ignored; no further steps with mess up what they’ve already done, hence the beginning of the solving process being the hardest.

EDIT: Also, the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 are actualy solved buy “creating” a 3x3x3 cube, then solving it. The 4x4x4 (for me) was a bit harder, there aren’t any center pieces, so you had to know where the centers went