S15 Ball Bearing Turbo GT28R

Hey guys, upgrading to a 2871r, so my s15 gt28r is for sale.

Minimal shaft play (normal for a BB turbo), made 300whp with it last year, car ran a 12.9 @ 107.64.

$600 shipped, or $550 picked up from London area.

PM me.

still want my rotors?

Yeah, I do.

God damnit I want this.
My GT2871R has some shaft play, and I’m half sketched about the seals in the other GT2871R I just bought. Kind of want to go back to S15 and drop the points for AutoX.

Can you pm me all the details on this?
i.e. if you bought it new/used, mileage, how much play, pics, etc.

Also, can you send a pic of the exhaust side please if possible.

How much shaft play on the 2871r? Why are you sketched about the sea;s? Want to set up a trade?

Well I bought the car with the one GT2871R on there, and had absolutely no issues with it all year. It boosted fine, and made tons of power, I ran a 12.9 actually on what was basically 3 pistons…lol (One had a lot of detonation damage and was burned/chipped)

When I pulled my engine this fall and checked out the turbo, I could “click” the shaft back and forth. I couldn’t really see any movement, but it seemed like it was just moving enough to feel a little click.

A friend of mine who was there with me said it seemed like more shaft play than it should have been, so I ended up buying another one. The one I bought ended up being a real sketchy situation, as I pulled it apart when it showed up and there was oil in the housings and there appeared to be oil burned on the compressor wheel.

The guy had a messed up story and after taking my money, immediately bought another turbo and split. I haven’t checked them out yet on a running engine, so I don’t really know if either is good or bad at the moment. That’s why I said I was kind of sketched about them.

I didn’t really move on anything, as I wanted to check them out first, and planned on running the best one this year. However, due to class restrictions, I was thinking about picking up an S15 turbo and dropping 2 pts for AutoX.

I’ll reply to your pm, and we can discuss there.