Salvage Yard Options?

I’m looking for both driver and passenger doors for my SVX. I used car-part.com and found a passenger door at Mark’s auto place locally and a place in Ontario NY had both doors but it’s 1h45m away. What are some other options, I’d prefer a place that isn’t a U-pull it as I really don’t have the time to get it. Googling lead me to Skyway and J&J ($$$$) so I’ll call them tomorrow or Monday if they’re closed saturdays. What other options are there locally?

if its local and you dont wanna do U-pull, id be happy to get em for a small fee :slight_smile:

That’d be sweet, I’ll let you know if anyone has them. Will a U pull it yard have an inventory for me to call or would I have to go there and walk around?

depends. if you find em on car-part id assume deff an inventory. but if also been to a few where they say we might have what your looking for then it ends up not there

Likely not going to find any local.

I’ll check today and see if the one is still here in they yard and how the doors are. I can pull them, but you’ll have to work out getting them. I think the car was probably crushed by now though.

M&M was never very helpful when trying to figure out inventory(not that I really expected them to be).

Eh, turns out this POS needs a bunch of work. Doors got moved to the back of the list. Maybe next spring.

svx? when did this happen?

Few days after you left.

word… more deeeeets

pmed <3

I could swear that J&J has an svx. Also, there’s a place called the door store in ontario that is constantly getting doors from the south and tracked down a door for me once. Reasonably priced.

They have both doors and they are $190 per side, no glass or interior. Not to mention I’d need to borrow a truck to go pick them up. I might end up going that route but I just hadta dump some change into it, so doors got bumped back lol.

Well, I know you said you put them on the back burner, but I figured i would post up anyways since these will be crushed in 2 days. $200 for the pair as you see them.

driver

Small surface rust in the body line:

No interior panel:

No rust on the bottom:

Passenger door

4-6 small door dings (around where the blue truck reflection is.

Interior:

No rust on bottom:

Rest of the car:

Again, this car will be crushed in 2 days. I will get you the doors, mostly complete as shown, for $200. You would need to pick them up. I will be removing the bolts from the door, cutting the wires at the door, and cutting/removing the slider. For extra, I could probably get them to rochester, but that would be for the cost of gas for the trip. If you pay for them up front, I can hold onto them for you for up to a month, possibly longer with prior arrangements. Can get other parts, but need to know ASAP.

:bigtup:

Dang thanks alot man, I wish I had the extra dough. I just spent $220 on a MAF alone…not to mention plugs, air filter, oil change, coolant sensor and brakes. Thanks though, much appreciated.

Got any trades? I could do like $50 plus the rest in trades. Let me know. I’m easy to work with. Or if you’ll have the money in a bit, 25% down and I’ll grab them, the rest at an agreed upon time, or whatever. Send me a message and we can work something out if you are really interested.

Just a side note. Don’t go to LKQ in south buffalo. I went there, was in for maybe 15 minutes came out and my passenger side window was smashed and my stereo stolen.

Awesome.

To top it off, they didn’t have a camera or a window that would fit in their junkyard.

Boo-urns.

I heard that they are shutting down operations as a pick n pull and going more traditional where they strip the cars and inventory the parts? I tried calling for 4 steel Elantra wheels and there was this wierd Verizon message saying to leave a message and they would pass it along to the subscriber? I also heard that they are completly closing up that operation in S. Buffalo so I don’t know for sure.

Best bet is Car-part.com, I found what I needed for a GREAT price, always do too. Fucking Vince told me $250 for 4 steel 15" Elantra wheels