scrapping 82 turbo

hi folks

I’m scrapping an 82 turbo has 410,000 kms on it

also has swastika wheels in pretty good condition
HKS boost controller
intercooler,
trubonetcis water cooled t3/t4 hybrid and other parts. Ran 13.4 @ 108 once. I doubt it would do that now however.

engine and trans run good, its drivable. but I don’t have the money to certify and have just lost interest in the car. the body is in fair condition, still looks pretty good, but rocker panesl are gone etc

I’m going to turn it in for recycle for $300 unless someone makes me a better offer.The wheels have to be worth more than that

contact me at edahome@cogeco.ca and i can supply pictures etc

you have until June 20 to make me an offer, after that its to the recycle guys

I hate to get rid of it, but thats life. Its a one owner vehicle,
i bought it new on Oct 23 1981

so make me an offer guys., Would make a good parts car or even a project car if you wanna do the work

82 Turbo what?

Sorry, its an 1982 280ZX Turbo GL model 2 seater Automatic.

Black on silver with the swastika style wheels.

I would re-iterate, the car runs good, i took it out for a blast last night. Its a real hoot to drive compared to my 09 Kia Rondo.

I stored it over the winter (like i have every winter since 1981) and after sitting for 5 months, it started up like I shut it off the night before.

engine and trans are in good shape, always well maintained. I have used 100% synthetic oil since the first oil change.

C’mon guys, somebody must want this car. It will kill me to let go for re-cycle, but i have to move it, no place to keep it after the end of June and I don’t have the money or the desire to play with it anymore.

it is currently licensed and insured.

You say stored every winter?
How is the body? Underside? Rust?

Accidents?

body is only fair. Rocker panels are pretty much gone. It would require some pretty extensive body work to the rocker panels to certify. Some rust around the wheel wells

Paint finish is good as I have always kept it clean. no accidents but it was dinged once in the drivers door and somebody backed into the hood. this was many years ago and both were repaired well but it definitely could use a good body and paint job.

As i said, its probably a good parts car more than anything else unless you want to have at it as a project car.

Despite the mileage (417,000 km, almost all highway) the engine and tranny are in very good shape and it uses about a litre of oil every 6000 km, most if it probably going through the turbocharger which has about 200,000 km on it. Its a turbonetics watercooled T3/T4 hybrid and doesn’t make any noise.

It still runs very strong. But I won’t kid you, its 28 years old this Oct and the interior looks it. Some cracks in the dash and the drivers seat is pretty well worn.

Its been the most reliable car I’ve ever owned, even despite the substantial power increase when you set the boost to 15psi for the last 200,000km.

Lotsa stuff doesn’t work (A/C for example) and it would require some work to certify, thats for sure.