Selling a car thats not registered in your name

Ive been getting a few trade plus cash offers for my mustang but nothing Im really interested in. So I was considering taking up one of these trades and then just posting the car I received in the trade up for sale(anything has to sell easier than a mustang before winter). The only thing is I wouldnt be registering the car into my name since thatd be a waste of money, so is there a way I can sell a car I got in a trade without registering it?

Yup, alot of people flip cars this way, and since its never “yours”, you dont need to claim it from wha Ive been told. Hence some people selling over 6 cars a year without a dealers liscence

As long as the title is signed from the previous owner there is no need to register it in your name. Saves you money and red tape, I dont think this is how NYS DMV would like you to do it but hey who cares saves you time and money.

Im not sure about written “receipts” thou… I believe it depends on the year of the car.

Yea theres a kid sending me some pics of an 01 VR6 golf/gti whatever the fuck you call them, he said hed throw some cash on top too so I was just making sure I wouldnt get screwed by DMV if I were to turn around and sell it immediatly. VW’s just arent for me.

I have flipped a few cars. Just have the kid sign the title to the VW and have him fill out the yellow paper from DMV, that states how much the car was bought for, and what not. Just have him sign all the “seller” stuff, and then if/when you find a buyer, they fill in the “buyer” stuff. You dont sign anything basically.

You’ll be fine, I know a lot of people that do it all the time…

i’ve never been in a rollover before.

That was so lame. But I lol’d.

Took me a few seconds to get it:lol

ask stallmer he goes through cars so quick he never even sees the title. i did this type of deal with stallmers supercharge d16 hatch lol.