Skateboarding PLUS micah weber photography

equals ZEN SEVEN SKATEBOARDS

so there is a site that allows you to create custom skateboards… you can also go a step further, where you pay $ and get a URL for your own online store with your designs…

so basically what i am doing is using more of my abstract and non traditional photographs, as the canvas… and then making the images a full bleed, where there is no deck showing, bottom of the skate deck will be 100% graphic.

here are 2 promo decks, one using one of my gas mask pics and another using the money clip pic… now i will be adding a logo to these as described below the pics. basically i had these done just to see how it’d look…

http://www.boardpusher.com/bp/ProductImages/0902/23/pd090323433310081.jpg http://www.boardpusher.com/bp/ProductImages/0902/22/pd0913226135067092.jpg

i then needed a skateboard company name. and it is Zen Seven. or Zen 7.
i let a colleague know of my desire to do this and he said he would have his design firm (he is the owner) design some original logos for me. he usually charges 4-7 GRAND for this and is doing it for free. so far he has sent me a PDF of 7 different logo designs… so i picked one and am currently having it tweaked a bit…

then of course i will later get some decks sent to myself and use them for advertisement type photos… well, pretty much create some Ads… right now my idea is utilizing the gas masks ive used before, a guy in a suit, wearing the mask, putting his finger up to his face like saying “shhhh” holding a deck… and then some sick lighting, hopefully a studio shot or on location, but i have many ideas ill use for advertisements…

so far ad wise i am placing the final logo onto soccer jerseys for a mens team this summer…will be sick to see that on a jersey as a sponsor… pretty much real sick to my work on a deck and seeing kids skate on em…

i can also make longboards that is def cool as well.

granted anyone can make these custom boards but i have the advantage of using my work as the canvas… so that is my edge on competition, that combined with creative ads, might make well for the company…

hopefully it catches on, blows up, and then maybe i could join forces with a bigger company that would use my designs on their decks.

the decks i haven’t even held before, so ill def have to use them, they seem like pretty standard 7 ply canadian maple wood decks.

even people who dont skate, these are kinda cool to hang on walls etc… i know i will .

but combining my love for skating and photography seems like a no brainer, wish i would have thought of it years ago, but its never too late to do something you love for money.

hope to launch final designs and final logo and final everything next month.

thought i’d share

** i wrote the above about a month ago…

now there is www.boardpusher.com/zen7 you go there and click on “-DECKS” on the left side

i have 3 decks up there as of now…

just need to make more deck designs and then some creative photo ads… prolly utilizing a GAS MASK…

http://www.boardpusher.com/BP/ProductImages/0904/21/pd0949212495352031.jpg http://www.boardpusher.com/BP/ProductImages/0904/23/pd0912231125921722.jpg

cool :tup:

pretty sick dude

You should talk to local skate shops to try and get your decks in their shops. That would definitely help your cause.

Love the decks. :tup:

http://www.boardpusher.com/bp/ProductImages/0902/23/pd090323433310081.jpg

:tup:

Miccahhhh. Ive got a buddy who makes all sorts of 30 sec promo vids. Let me talk to him and maybe make an actual video ad showing off your SIQ skillz on your SIQ deckz

That picture on the website is sick, and the boards are reasonably priced too, I would def buy one of those over something from zumiez or the like. I need to get a board to mess around on when there is nothing to do, i gotta order one this summer

Why would you buy a deck from zumiez instead of supporting one of the local skate shops like sunday among others?

hey hey easy easyyyyyyy

:slight_smile: I wasn’t talking brand specifics, I just don’t get why you would go to a big mall store to buy something when your local shop sells it at the same price, and does way more for the sport imo. I guess from your perspective if zumiez picked them up that would probably translate to more money for you but that’s just the way things work I suppose. I don’t know how the skate industry works but I would assume it’s pretty similar to the bike industry where you need to get in with the distributors.

no i know, I’m just sayin don’t go OT in here , lol but that’s exactly what u did u silly G

This is nyspeed is that even possible? To get back on track how many boards do you have to print in each design? Can you do one offs or is that not feasible. I think it would be awesome to have a one off custom deck if it only cost 20-30 bucks more.

one offs are like the same price … these are basically one offs, when someone orders it, they use my design, print it and ship it for me

that looks awesome big t-up for doin something you love and gettin $ for it

just one comment… on the gas mask one, wont the mask be covered up with the trucks or w/e they are called? it waould suck to have the cool part covered up

So cool :tup: :tup:

yea u can see the 4 holes where the truck goes… all decks have graphics that get covered up, not to mention destroyed if ur using it right

got ya good luck with the sponsors and everything

side note: those are really cheap less then $50!!

Sick brother.

:tup: Have yet to find something to apply my artistic abilities to that actually excites me. Good for you!