Son of a Mother F!@#$##!!

Anyone thinking about buying a HDD, do not get the new Seagate 7200.11 Series yet. Very fast drives but they must have a bad batch because this is the 2nd one i have had to RMA to newegg, along with many others. I have one thats working perfectly but cant seem to get another that works correctly. I resorted to using my Raptor i had laying around, it just pisses me off to have to keep sending these back. Velociraptor is an option but they are still $1 per gig. Ohh well im just going to order 2 Samsung Spinpoint F1 drives and be done with this seagate mess.

Rant done!

Thanks!

I was just on newegg looking for HDs :lol:

yeah man stay away, its a crap shoot.

:tdown:

kev…you seriously have the worst luck lately with this shit

what is the manufacture part number?

i just put in a PO for 24 hdds… please dont tell me its the ones i bought.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS

Like i said i got one thats working perfectly, but im not going to chance ordering another.

yay! I’m good. thanks!

/leaves thread to build his monster raid.

yeah thats what i did, i bought these for raid, luckly it was DOA and i didnt get anything actually loaded as i was only going to run raid0

I dont see how that can be faster than the raptor anyway. Those things are some of the fastest HDs out there. Despite being smaller in capacity than the 7200rpm drives, they are better. But really, if you need more than 160gb, just pick up a western digital external HD.

This thread reeks of nerd.

sorry man do some reading, the raptors arent the fastest out there anymore, even the velociraptor is cutting it close at sata2, the original raptors are only sata 150 also.

Bigger cache, NCQ, perp. Recording at 7200 rpm=faster than a raptor at 10k rpm

Read here, great article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-overtakes-a-bang,1730.html

as you can see the raptor isnt that great compared to the newer drives out there.

lol @ newegg customer service

Chat InformationPlease wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.

Chat InformationThank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Julie. How may I assist you today?

Kevin: hi i just processed a RMA as a exchange but i need it changed to a refund

Kevin: RMA #23656867

Julie: Let me take a look into that. One moment please . . .

Julie: Thank you for your patience…

Julie: I’m sorry but this item can only be replaced Please note this is a non-refundable item.

Kevin: ok well how many am i going to get before one actually works, and im not paying shipping back each time, its costing me 10 bucks to ship this back and this is the 2nd one so far.

Kevin: Return Policies This item is covered by Newegg.com’s Limited 30-Day Return Policy. * Return for refund within: 30 days * Return for replacement within: 30 days

Kevin: That is from your page

Julie: Let me take a look into that. One moment please . . .

Kevin: REFUND within 30 days

Julie: Can you please give me a moment?

Kevin: yes

Julie: Thank you.

Julie: Thank you for your patience…

Julie: I do apologize for that error.

Julie: I have changed the RMA to a refund as you have requested.

Kevin: i see that, thank you.

Julie: You’re welcome.

idiots

LOlolol

I need a good reliable 1tb external

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that chat is AWESOME

u should have said idiots in the chat

i have a WD eSata for my DVR, works great 500 gig.

Haha, we just got a ton of 7200.11 drives in. Hopefully the same won’t hold true here.

Sucks to hear. I’ve had awesome luck with my 7200.10 320’s (had them running 24/7 pretty much since black friday 07) and the 1TB 7200.11

Hopefully this next on will be better.

Quick queston: Did you buy an OEM or retail one? i’ve never had good luck with newegg’s oem products, i only buy retail now.

oem, the 7200.11 series just came out, not the same as the 7200.10’s

and it seems to be only the 7200.11 320 gigs that are fucking doa.

I gave up on buying harddrives…I decided to just store everything on the SAN at work.