Southerland Auto Sales?

These guys are located in pittsford NY, anybody have any dealing with them before? they have a LOT of cars that i have been looking to Test drive for the wifey in training…

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/inventory.jsp?dealership_view_name=www.sutherlandautosales.com&address=&dealer_id=79780&sort_type=make_modelASC&car_id=null&result_car_id=null

They are kind-of known for restoring/refurbishing high value cars that had issues(like theft, lemon) in their past life. They are a bigger size place, dealing with upscale cars, so they tend not to scam people. But make sure you know the story of a particular car. Dmoffitt just bough a car from them, and bunch of people at work did so as well - no issues to report here.

They have a pretty damn cheap RS4… get her that.

And by wifey in training you mean a Luftwaffe pilot.

Holy slightly used German autos batman.

I cant speak for them, but thats a nice selection.

Tons of nice cars there. Almost bought an Audi A4 from them they are very particular and very thorough at checking tradins. Which is a good thing id say.

looking to stay sub 30’s and i dont think she would ever notice/need the difference between a S4 and an Rs4…

but you would…

They seem to be a bit pricy on some things.

Edit: newer BMW’s seem to be reasonably priced though :tup:

huh? Most stuff is considerbly below blue book it seems?

Blue book can’t keep up with carpocalypse these days.

I have dealt with them. They seam to be alright.
I think Jason @ Blackforest used to work there

Yeah upon further investigation its seems there are indeed quite a few decent deals, I browsed the VWs and thought few where a bit up there.

yea, but i have my m3… not a big deal… for the differance in price between the 2 i would just rather slap a supercharger on the S4…

besides, for that price, i/she would rather have an e60 BMW m5…

I bought my A4 from them…

Just know your stuff when you go in there.

One of the guys tried to dick Dave around over some necessary repairs before the car was purchased… guy agreed to split the cost of the repair with Dave over then phone, then in person said he never said that. Dave almost walked out over $125 because of that guy.

Then, after the car was bought and paid for, Dave found out the hazards weren’t working. Minor thing… really no big deal, but the fact that it passed inspection like that made us wonder what ELSE they let slide.

Car has been fine through. Price was good. None of this is really a COMPLAINT. Just dont send your unknowing girlfriend in there, or your elderly grandmother. I have a feeling they’d get jerked around a bit.

Good to know, obviously I will be involved the whole way.

PS it’s Sutherland not Southerland.

Yeah my first ALLROAD was purchased there and yeah Jason did work there.
They have a pretty good rep.
When I was looking I found most if not all of their prices were very good.
Pittsford is a great little town to visit too.(Richest zip code in NY outside NYC)