Sparkles and side pipes

http://www.shift518.com/picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=965

Full of bondo, side pipes, two tone blue with all kinds of shiny metallic nonsense, plenty of drips and runs. This monstrosity is a 1969 Buick Riviera. Actually runs pretty good, drove it two hours home, invested just about nothing to get it. 430/auto, power windows, everything actually works. I have no shame and will drive this. Plans are to see if the Miata fits in the trunk.

pic doesnt work and dont you have a Charger you could be blowing money on instead?

small buildings will fit in the trunks of those tanks.

Pic fixed.

And yes, dad, the Coronet deserves a full teardown, which begins next weekend.

Still here skidmark ? Go away !!! Nice pickup man not many of those left .

Coronet ???

where has this thing been hiding since ~1980? Looks like a time warp, especially with the side pipes.

Pic of coronet now

Yeah, my other other other car is a '69 Coronet 500 coupe. Gotta find a tow to get it from Schenectady to Rexford the weekend after Memorial Day. I started buying treats for it at Rhinebeck.

470-3590 for a tow
Tooley’s Towing

http://www.shift518.com/picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=966

Ugghhh I hate u

whats under the hood? 318?

383 I think or 440

if its a 500 i think its a big block. im not really familar with coronets and gtx and road runners all yhe same thing though pretty much

Yeah, mostly original. Edelbrock intake and 4bbl, old Blackjack headers and a Pertronix ignition. I have had this car since 98 and have driven it everywhere, Carlisle, the Mopars Nats in Columbus (just to do it, never been nice enough to show, just an awesome cruiser…been stored the past 3 years, time to stop fucking around and put some money into it.

My dad’s retired, 1.5 years recovered from colon cancer, and he’s always been my mechanical inspiration and guide. Reading about Turbo Travis and his dad, kinda got me thinking. My dad loves to tinker, but won’t buy himself anything…so I figure a summer of getting the Coronet in shape in his garage, then ill hand him the keys and pink slip to the Riv and we’ll cruise.

U and dad can do the riv sell me coronet so I can sell slowmarro !!!

I ran the fender tag…original 318 2bbl, I believe the Lynch Rd. plant.

Lol I had the occasional stupid idea to sell the Dodge but they will bury me in that car.

I’m gonna if u don’t lol