SR Turbo

Okay Folks… I need a Turbo but am just trying to make up my mind as to what route I may go. Not sure if I want to go Brand New or Rebuild a T25 or Modify a T25 or just get a used T28…

But I would be looking for either an SR T25 or T28 so if anyone has one please list up what kind of shape it is, how much you want for it and where its located

Thanks

Jeff

hey Jeff, I’ve got a ball bearing T28 from a Pulsar GTi-R. No shaft play. I need to fix the wastegate actuator mount, but once I do that I’d be looking for $500.

^ turbo is in very nice shape, had it in my hands the other day.

I was under the impression that a GTi-R T28 had Journal Bearings and not Ball Bearings?

But… I’m interested indeed, what sort of damage does the Actuator Mount have and would you be willing to let it go “un-fixed” and I’ll just do it myself ?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff that is the same turbo that I had, you just need to make up a bracket for the actuator, I have a t28 actuator from a Skyline, cut bent and welded the mount and it is Good now.

Model TB2840 and I beleve it is BB, this is from a Sunny GTI-R (Diff from the other GTI-r’s)

Actually I found out the Sunny and Pulsar GTi-R share the same turbo, (Garrett #465997-1). Yes they are both ball bearing.

I would be willing to sell it unfixed, just let me find out how much it would cost so I know by how much to adjust the price. Basically you have to cut part of the bracket, and cut/reweld the actuator arm. It was lengthened and mounted to the side of the strut tower. I believe this was done because the actuator is not the stock one, it’s much bigger (and adjustable), and probably would not fit in that spot.

Also note that this turbo is already clocked, it came off a CA18DET.

Dont worry about it…

I shipped mine out to Herman @ Cherry to be rebuilt & modified as I’m kind of in a hurry to get the motor back together.