SR20 Turbo on CA18

Hello,
I blew my turbo last year, car has been sitting for ever and I need to get it going again without buying a crazy turbo setup, I would like to but - as my motor is’nt very young anymore upgrading to a bigass turbine probably wouldnt be worth it! I figured that getting a used sr turbo shouldnt be very hard, also what are the names of both the CA and SR turbos? Both T25’s? What are the exact differences? I am a newbie when it comes to forced induction…
Could anyone that has done this swap before, let me know what is involved and a general price range to do the whole thing? Is it a bolt on affair, can I do it on a Sunday afternoon? And maybe if there is a good one floating around, someone could contact me if they would like to get rid of it.
Thanks

Yes they are both t25’s. The SR t25 is capable of more power, and you could probably pcik one up for about $100. It will fit as a direct replacement for your stock turbo, just make sure you have all new gaskets to throw on, as well as exhaust manifold to block gasket as you will need to remove this.

I managed to get my SR t25 on to my CA w/o taking off the manifold. But it was a b*tch. Ditto on the gaskets, you might want to get new nuts and washers as well, I was missing 2 nuts that were holding the turbo on. The thread is M8 x 1.25 I think.

I got a turbo, $200

$100 is damn cheap so good luck finding a deal like that!

Awesome upgrade and very easy. Can be done in a day no problems.

Bump for a good deal, i sold my old one for 250 i think

I normally sell them for 275 but once someone puts $100 the value goes down everywhere.

Haha my bad, hadnt seen one for sale for a while, i guess $100 is pretty cheap.

sounds good - thanks for the response. I read somewhere that you need some special set of pliers that i had never heard of (snap ring or something)??
also to you guys that did the swap, did you notice a decent power increase??

thanks again

Yeah an SR turbo for 100 is cheap, I paid 150 for a CA T25.

i did that swap a few months ago. its pretty easy. clocking the turbo is nessicary, but i bought a pair of pliars for 20 bucks at canadian tire and fabb’ed them to fit. you will also have to grind a tiny bit of matrial off the manifold and turbo, and rig something up for your waste gate. but anyone can figure it out.
and with a sr turbo you can feel a stronger pull all the way to redline.
ill also sell you the sr turbo in my car for 200 $ ill even let you drive it before i pull it out!

sounds like a good deal man, would you be able to hold onto it for a cpl months? I am in Australia until June, so if that would be OK let me know…
Thanks

haha yeah i can hold on to it for you.
oh a side note, what part of aus are you in? i was there a few months ago… they have some wicked cars down there. a lot of them are all show no go, but some are the next level…

sweet, I am in Melbourne, I grew up here - family still here , so I am back until June. yeah its a great place - lots of S15’s, R33’s tons of WRX’s EVO’s, pretty much all the good stuff that North America never got! I actually bought a 1980 Datsun 810 sedan a few months ago, if anyone has any idea what that is! Its pretty old school with twin carbys, 4spd, live rear axle, its a fun car got it pretty cheap so I am thinking of getting my folks to ship it over to Canada later in the year when I get some cash, think it would be rare and pretty cool to own over there.