Starting a Forum

Hey, I just purchased a Domain name off godaddy and wondering what websitemaker should i get and how to put a good forum on it. so basicly i got the domain and im stuck now lol.
thanks for any help!

most hosting sites have the forum software you can install. I don’t know much about go daddy, but… there should be some kind of admin login for it. That you can install software packages and go from there.

or read into “Go daddy hosting and making forums” I’m sure that will come up in google if you try, being that godaddy is huge.

you do have hosting… right?

im not sure im very new to this, all i did was buy the domain and really didnt see much further is it something you add on?
sorry for the noobie questions.
here are the free extras i think…
Online Photo Filer

Quick Blogcast

Hosting with Web
site builder

Personalized Email Account

Starter Web Page

“For Sale” Page

Parked Page

Getting Started Guide

Domain Forwarding & Masking

100-Pack Email Forwarding

Total DNS Control

Change of Registration

Status Alerts

Domain Locking

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Hosting, all websites are kept on a host, which you pay for, like either by the month or by the year.
You basically register your domain with a host and pay for a spot on thier server.

yea so im looking for a good forum thats not expensive where i can appoint mods ect…

also who runs and built this site?
also this forum im creating is no way going to rival nyspeed or anything of that matter its a saltwater forum.

You need forum software. Do you want to pay?

Zeroforum, vbulletin, ulitmate bb, etc are pay

phpbb is free

Don’t use phpbb!!! Hackers paradise.

I talked to a rep and bought the one package for $48 a year with like sns forums which are supposed to be more than enough for what i need and pretty powerful.