Suicide, selfish or selfless?

FWIW my comment was broad and not directed at anyone personally. It sounds like you had a MUCH different experience/thought process than I. I think though, anyone that HAS been there and came out the other end of the tunnel should realize how off balance they were and how selfish their thoughts were. I WAS there, looking at my shotgun in my darkest moments. I was dead on the inside for a small period of my life, in somewhat recent times. One of the main thoughts that kept me from the pulling the trigger was what my family would think/feel/do if I was to take the weak way out. Why should I visit my pain on them and make them suffer? The lack of those type of thoughts is selfishness IMO. I stand by my assessment that it’s SELFISH to compete the act. I will go further though and state in times of overwhelming pain suicidal thoughts are probably natural…as long as you bring yourself back to reality.

And I’m glad they brought you back! I hope you’re taking advantage of your 2nd chance and you’re getting all you want from life. Our experience is within OUR control, take life by the balls and have the experience of a lifetime. :slight_smile:

I strongly disagree with this thread coming out in direct response to a recent forum members tragedy.

Poor taste.

RIP

TraderBase - You didn’t drop as far then, most people would say you got to the “attention craving” point of doing it and still considered others to be better off if you didn’t do it. I was wayyyy beyond that point when I stumbled hard. (Not trying to judge, I’m not that person, we all have our own experiences in life and I wasn’t/couldn’t be in your head at that time)

As for taking advantage of it… let’s just say that my life changed completely. I may not be rich, I may not have come from anything, but I’ve done DAMN good for myself from where I came from. My outlook on life is VERY different than before that happened. I still have times when I stumble into a “dark place”, but the ones I get into now are the same that everyone else falls into from time to time. I let myself stay there for a little while, then pick myself up, realize what I have, where I’ve come from, and how much more I still have/want to do.

Like you said, take life by the balls… You only get one ride in this life, better make it the best it can be, and you’re the only one who can.

I def wasn’t craving attention. I told nobody, even my direct support system of my thoughts. I cried out to nobody, I simply sat in my house alone in misery for the most part. I didn’t come clean of my secret till maybe a year after I came out of the fog in fact.
Also, not trying to compare my life to any others because we all have a unique mental makeup and circumstances. I mainly chimed in because I HAVE been there and the end message I wish to bring is there is light at the end if you want it to be there.
Life is what we make of it! Bottom line.

I love the bold above BTW. Glad to see you’ve empowered yourself! :slight_smile:

Sounds like you’ve done the same! Congrats! It’s not easy, that’s for sure. :slight_smile:

Also sounds like you’ve got a good head on your shoulders and came out with a similar view to I… with a very different view on life than before.

Coming out and admitting that you’ve been there, or in my case done it isn’t easy… there’s a huge stigma about it. But for those of us who have either been at the verge or gone over the cliff and somehow came back; things are very different.

People will always judge me for it, but so be it. It made me who I am today, without going through the hell I did, I wouldn’t be the man I am today.

Crazy because I came on here to post this exact thought.

Anyone calling this selfish, are you signed up to be an organ donor after you pass? If not, wouldn’t that be pretty selfish of you.
Wouldn’t selfish be anyone that has ever picked on Devon in his life? Feeding their own ego while neglecting his feelings? Seems pretty selfish to me.
He wasn’t a religious extremist that strapped a bomb to himself and killed others. He was someone’s son who felt tomorrow wasn’t gonna bring a better day. That is truly unfortunate.

For whats it worth, I think his engine hoist contraption was dangerous if it failed, but it showed alot of determination and effort to pull off an engine pull under those circumstances. Even more so that it looks like there is snow on the ground.

This thread is honestly sickening and should be closed. some things shouldnt be talked about, not during these circumstances or via posting on here. If you want to argue about depression and everything else related to suicide, then go to some help meetings and have the balls to say it to some kid battling these problems and look him/her into the eye.

i normally don’t agree with you, here i couldn’t have said it better. as far as suicide goes there is nothing but pain/hardship involved, one of the few situations in life where there are only cons and no pros. just let it go. if there is anything to be done, help the people in need instead of spouting useless bullshit.

Suicide sucks.

It’s all relative. Those thinking about it are not thinking of being selfish, they are not really thinking correctly at all.
My perspective is that it is selfish to create such a situation for loved ones, but my childhood was pretty good. If the illusion that suicide relieves any pain never got out, would people still kill them selfs?

Its a fact that after national news suicide talk, the rates jump for a while. If we do not stop showing people the wonder that is suicide, it will become an acceptable solution to more and more every day problems.

I have no basis in fact, but often wonder about how these things propagate. How much of the disorder is influenced by environment vs genetics.

No doubt about the bold. I don’t even know of the situation at hand guys. So please don’t take my comments and think I’m talking about whatever must have recently happened.

So does this mean all the fat people are going to commit suicide? I’m confused.

Obviously the plane will not take off now, it’s too heavy.

So keep them on the treadmill with the plane until it will take off

just push the plane into the ocean

That’ll take years for them to lose enough weight to take off though!

Can we all just get some beers and relax, this thread needs to close.

+1

Haven’t you learned anything from this thread? Beer is a coping device for depression and it’s high in calories. Don’t become selfish, fat, and lazy.

:clap:

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Addictions are not a disease. Is having a weak mind a disease? Using your brain and saying, hmm maybe this is bad for me and then still doing something stupid is not a disease. Unless you are saying stupid is a disease? I do feel that most stupid people are born that way and just can’t help themselves because they can not retain any knowlage.

All of this went without saying. You didn’t even need to open your trashy douche nozzle of a mouth for me to know this is what you would say.

You’re super close-minded and clearly cannot grasp the human body/mind and how it functions. Sometimes it’s difficult to understand, but if you have seen things in the light that some other people have seen it, you would completely understand.

I almost feel bad that you’ve lived such a sheltered life and that you think everything comes so easily. Oh, just don’t eat a bunch of food, oh just stop feeling sad, oh just stop using abuse substances. It’s all just super easy, right? For some of us, it is easy is easy. For others, it’s not so easy. There are reasons for it, you should check it out.

Concur whole heartedly.

i’m in pretty good shape, make good money, don’t have any addictions (except maybe tea), and have a pretty bright future ahead of me with no big problems like weight or anything, and i still think you sound like a complete fucking moron.

And i love how you spelled knowledge, “knowlage”, maybe you have the stupid disease…should probably get that checked out.