Sunset Drag Strip 9/20/09

Myself, along with a bunch of friends will be heading to Sunset on Sunday morning for time trials from 10am-2pm. Anyone that wants to come with, pm me. If anyone shows up at the track, I’ll be in my green Procharged T/A. Be sure to stop and say hi.

This will be my first time to a track in years, my first in this car and at this track, and my first time running the 1/8th, so I’m not expecting much to say the least. We’re going to have fun more than anything. Hopefully my Sumitomos hook decent!! :ugh: :rolleyes:

been wanting to go up there. will prob be reecovering that day or i would consider going

might have to go

if your recovering from drinking…just bring the beer up for sunday and forget the recover part…:beer: just repeat :slight_smile:

I’ve never raced there before, but from everyone I talk to you can get as many runs in as you like. Not only 2-3 runs like PRP. I’ve also been told there is no tech inspection. It’ll be perfect for me to get used to my car and get a lot of practice runs in.

whats the addy up there?

231 Charleston RD. Sharpsville, PA, 16150

Sunset is not an 1/8th mile. More like a 1/10th mile, expect your car to be 4-5 tenths quicker than what it is at PRP or Quaker.

-Steve
(Speaking from experience)

might stop up

Good to know. Thank you.

On a side note…
I have never ran a street radial at the track. I know its kinda pointless, but what psi should I drop my Sumitomos to in attempt to hook up as good as possible?

ive been there and steel valley is a nicer track

at sunset ive seen a stock 4x4 quad race a diesel truck.

lol i want to see you after the night you guys are going to have

At Sunset you can hot lap all day. You will probably run out of gas before you get bored. You will definitely get some practice.

Thats def what I need. Just got my 3.73s put in last night. Anyone with advice on what psi to run in my Sumisuckos? 20? I haven’t a clue to be honest.

Sunset is like 5 mins from my house and I run there all the time. If I would have known that there were people going I would have grabbed my drag radials but they’re locked in the shop
They extended the track to an actual 1/8 mile this year also.

We went and had a blast. I definitely need some slicks. I couldn’t get traction at all. I was rolling them off 2/3 to 3/4 of the track. :eek4: My times were absolutely pathetic to say the least.

you’ll get her figured out man… it was cool to hang out and see some sweet rides! …despite me rolling early due to the vette needing some serious suspension & alignment work.

Did they fix the shut down area or is it still bumpy as hell?

No they haven’t fixed it. Its bad enough that my buddy after his first run bottomed out his SBC swapped Conquest. We welded tabs sticking downward off of the cross member to save from his oil pan from smacking the ground. Good thing we did, cause he nailed those bump tabs pretty hard.

Tell me about it… i went there once last year and on my first pass i was not sure how long the shut down area was so as soon as i went throught the traps I hit the brakes real hard and all the weight settled over the front end and I crushed my downpipe from 3" to about and 1 1/2". Thats the only reason why i never went back. Well that and they dont prep it so your not getting accurate conditions to practice in. But i guess its better than nothing