Suzuki to field WRC entry in 2007

Look who’s going to jump back into the fray :slight_smile:

Suzuki Confirms WRC Entry in '07
Written by: RACER staff
Geneva, Switzerland – 2/28/2006

After months of speculation, Suzuki confirmed this Tuesday at the Geneva auto show in Switzerland that it will step up to the World Rally Championship in 2007.

The Japanese manufacturer won the Junior WRC championship in '04 with the Swift model, but will enter the all-new SX4 in its debut at the top class. The maiden '07 campaign won’t be full-time, however, as Suxuki won’t enter its first rally until August of next year.

Exact technical details of the new Suzuki SX4 WRC will be announced progressively prior to its first competitive appearances, but engine development is “well advanced” according to the manufacturer. The prototype shown at Geneva is powered by a 2.0-liter turbo developing 320 horsepower, transmitted to all four wheels by a five-speed sequential gearbox.

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/97071_sx4.jpg

I love it. Looks like a 206. That’s probably why I really love it.

x2 it is hot like that

you know it’s bad when mitsu and subaru (if I’m not mistaken) drop their factory teams and suzuki starts one up, the world is gonna end soon…

Holy shit, how did I miss this, and somebody bring me some tissues… :bukakke:

Well, if Subaru continues to suck this year, I could certainly see them leaving.

Mitsu and Skoda are the only ones dropping I think. Citroen took a year off to develop a new car/save money, they will be back as a factory team next season. There is always the possibility Mitsu comes back, but to be honest, I like having all the privateer teams in contention. More variety, more twists, and more people to root for.