ment of the troubled assets relief program under
this Act (in this section referred to as the ‘‘TARP’’),

Full text here if you’re interested:
http://banking.senate.gov/public/_files/latestversionAYO08C32_xml.pdf

lol

http://static.velvetcache.org/pages/2007/5/25/its-a-trap/tarp-30198.jpg

OMG ITS A TARP!!!

:picard:

not really, just becuase you posted something about government or politics on a forum so that’s what you get.

Well that’s interesting. The FDIC insurance level is getting increased from $100k to $250k, but only until the end of 2009. It’s temporary.

you know i thought the FDIC went by your SS# (ie 401k bank acc…ect) and i was wrong … also did not know the joint bank acc. gave you 200k and if you had your own would be 100k… … so really FDIc was like 300k per person

FUK, I knew it was a tarp :frowning:

The pork begins on page 114. A whole bunch of environmental tax incentive crap that has nothing to do with the credit crisis.

Nice.
Is Obama’s Acorn still getting money?
I am not going to rea dthe whole thing right now.

SEC. 310. EXTENSION OF MINE RESCUE TEAM TRAINING CREDIT.

YES! I knew our economy was on the brink of collapse because mine rescue teams were not properly trained!

This is dusgusting. 75% of this bill is unrelated to solving liquidity problems.

^That was the plan from the start.
“If first you don’t succeed use fear.”
This how they get most of our money.

what about the wood arrows

EXEMPTION FOR CERTAIN WOODEN
4 ARROW SHAFTS.—Subparagraph (A) shall not
5 apply to any shaft consisting of all natural
6 wood with no laminations or artificial means of
7 enhancing the spine of such shaft (whether sold
8 separately or incorporated as part of a finished
9 or unfinished product) of a type used in the
10 manufacture of any arrow which after its as11
sembly—
12 ‘‘(i) measures 5⁄16 of an inch or less in
13 diameter, and
14 ‘‘(ii) is not suitable for use with a bow
15 described in paragraph (1)(A).’’.

Pretty much, they wouldn’t pass initially because everyone knew their constituents were morons and without adding fat that had nothing to do with solving the problems with the economy, the retards that make up America would think it was a bad idea. Add a few buzz words they like and all of a sudden they are glad you fixed the bailout, while really axing the benefit.

Talk about :fail:

Tax breaks for American Samoa and Puerto Rico… Depreciation of business properties on Indian Reservations… Ooh! Railroad track maintenance!

SEC. 317. SEVEN-YEAR COST RECOVERY PERIOD FOR MOTORSPORTS RACING TRACK FACILITY.

Wut?

Wool research funds?

Disclosure of information on terrorist activities?

SEC. 503. EXEMPTION FROM EXCISE TAX FOR CERTAIN WOODEN ARROWS DESIGNED FOR USE BY CHILDREN.

Right.

Income averaging for money from Exxon Valdez litigation?

Something about health insurance for people with mental health issues…

A bunch of shit on federal land use…

Hurrican Katrina, Hurrican Ike…

Fucking shit. 451 pages long. Only the first 113 have anything to do with the credit crisis. All these fuckers saw a bill that has to pass as the perfect opportunity to get their pet projects to go along for the ride.

SEC 317 Seven year cost recovery period for motorsports racing track facility.

that mental health shit was timmys law for NYS in 07…

I gave your mom the wood arrow shaft…

Ya FDIC should be based per bank. Government insures each bank differently depending on their business.

Also, I found it funny how that the candidates want to cut this wasteful spending and shit and we now are paying for fucking wool research along with a bunch of other goofy shit. What a scam and its just more evidence that this wasnt for the american people, its about the rich people getting their payment and retirement plans and profiting as much as they can from this.

Rich people’s retirement plans are lumped in with everyone else’s. If they lose theirs, so do our parents and grandparents.

They took the necessary evil of throwing in a bunch of crap to get stupid people to shut up and get congressmen in competitive races less worried about re-election. Now, when Rep. Dick Jesusfreak of bumfuck, NC gets called out by his opponent for supporting the bailout, he can say he did it for the NASCAR tax breaks.

So, If I happen to put my house under a large tarp, will I not have to make any more payments?