Thoughts on Dodge RAM pickups?

[quote=“POOPRA,post:9,topic:39335"”]

Seems like pretty inexpensive stuff, for all that have said to avoid them do you care to elaborate why exactly?

[/quote]

No, come on now, people like to just spout off crap with no facts to back them up with, internet parrots. I have a 94 318 auto Ram, 2wd long bed. Drove it to Jersey towing a trailor to pick up an Audi. The truck has about 85K miles on it and the tranny is fine. Me and my father picked it up cheap and did the balljoints, tie rod ends, idler arm, front shocks, sway bar end links, and threw some tires on it. After all the front end work we did, and after an alignment, it still feels a bit “loose” in the front end, I dunno, every wear item has been replaced, maybe I’m just not used to how a truck feels/tracks. On the trip to dirty Jersey, both there and back, the engine was working it’s butt off pulling the U-Haul car trailor, constantly downshifting if there was even a shadow of an incline in the road. Gas wise, the thing is BRUTAL, did a full tune up and that made no difference. When my sister was home from school and didn’t have her Corolla yet, my dad took the truck to work downtown. Basically, it was $20 a day to drive it and he only jumps on the 219 in Boston to the William street exit and he drives it like an old man. I only use it for when I need to go to Len-Co or home Depot or do some other thing for my house that requires a truck. I would not listen to all the idiots who have no experience with them, if you can get it for a good price, why not?